I think the first few pictures are an Ash up in the bowl and the other picture is a small Beech that's down but off the ground, both are scheduled for this week on the same day. The Ash was hung up for a year but it finally came down.
EnglishBob , Woodsnwoods , I'm not sure how good the downed trees will be but I'll fined out before Friday. These two Birch I wanted down today but I didn't trust the first one with the cracks in the back so I'll fire up the pole saw so I can make the cut in the back from a distance, the second one looked solid but is rotting from the top down. Once I get those down there will be room for the tractor to get through. I have a chit load of work in this small ravine/gully, lots of downed wood and a possible trail going in.
Still a good days work! Can you put a little tension on the birch just to be safe? Pole saws can be a lot of work.
I did see a good size Birch up the hill that was topped off so I'll walk up and see what type it is. The original owner of the property had done some digging with something back in this area, there's a nice spot he carved out which could be a area for more wood.
I did my workout in the bowl on the side of the hill today, I grabbed some downed Ash and some Beech, both are not great but still have some life left in them.
They are saying possibly 5-8 for my area on Monday night and then 1-3 on Tuesday. Time to get the shovels in place tomorrow.
I guess that I better get a few more Yellow Birch tomorrow. So far this year the amounts always seem to get adjusted down, most of the time it's been a dusting.
Yes. But this time, when I don't have any machine to move the snow, it will probably give us the full amount.
Who'd have thought in your area to see bare ground at this time of year thewoodlands? Do you have those sleds ready to sell now?
No, the reason we bought them for was use on our property so we'll keep them even if we don't get the snow. We can't go three years straight without a regular winter.........can we?
On the opposite side of this is all the yellow birch but in the picture is the downed Ash I took out of the bowl, I thought it had more rot to it but it doesn't look that bad.