busy day today, so I did not get into the woods near as much as I hoped. Seems like I get out for an hour per day lately. Tomorrow I have four 12 to 24 inch beech trees behind the house I want to drop and buck. Few pictures of the beech that is now stacked for 2020 and a few pictures of what I hope to get at tomorrow.
Typically straight beech. Still danged good firewood. I know what it is like to work maybe an hour. I did not get out last week but today I worked for an hour then stopped for dinner. Then went back and bucked up a fallen ash that was maybe 12" or so diameter. Not a lot of wood but very few branches at the top so it did not take long to buck up. Got only one trailer load but that was all this old body wanted to do for today. Now we'll wait for the snow and crappy weather.
So my hope is to spend a majority of tomorrow in the woods working up and hauling the beech I mentioned earlier. Touched up the chain on the 880 and the 310, and threw a new square ground on the 461 . Unless Mother Nature really throws a curve ball, I will be making some rounds of beech and maybe sugar maple tomorrow .
It's a staple at my house too. Beech is great firewood. 1 hour a day is a good amount. Nice job, yet again. That gator is a perfect tool to get it done!