In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

First Ride..................

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by thewoodlands, Jan 28, 2014.

  1. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Trails look awesome.... well groomed. I'll bet you were eyeballin some of that downed stuff. Snow tonight for you, or staying south and east?
     
  2. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    The smaller trails up through the woods were rough (needs snow) the wider trails were good.

    Yes I was, especially the Beech & Sugar Maples. Just a dusting tonight, not much for snow this week unless we get that storm coming up the coast, that should be after Wednesday.
     
    DexterDay and Well Seasoned like this.
  3. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    After doing more plowing this morning, I jumped on the sled for a short 20 mile ride.

    Picture 8585 is going in on our property, 8586 is back in on one of our trails, 8587 is coming out from our property, 8588 is the county trail (8E) that runs through part of our property, the last two are down to the state park.
     

    Attached Files:

    Scotty Overkill and Gasifier like this.
  4. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Beautiful day for a ride. Makes me want to get out. But the only out I'm getting is Lowe's, because out 20 yr old washer died. Wife happy, I'm not.
     
  5. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    I did.:thumbs:
     
    Scotty Overkill likes this.
  6. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    It's always something. It was a nice day for riding, I would've gone for a longer ride but the wife is gone for the weekend so I was riding alone.

    I did stop to talk with two ladies that were stopped on the trail, one had actually gone camping with a group of people I went camping with many moons ago, small world.
     
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
    Scotty Overkill likes this.
  7. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    I That's cool . Enjoy the snow dude! We're buried. 4-6 ft drifts around the house and property. I understand you more northern guys better, you big snow getters. I just realized I can't find things outside. Wheelbarrow is buried somewhere, ash can, who knows, a cooler I was looking for, etc. We have a 12ft boulder on the side of the house. I climbed a hardened drift and I was looking down at it. Love it though. Kinda wish I had a snow machine..... :cool: If my wife were gone, I would have talked to a few ladies too, lol.:rofl: :lol:
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  8. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I hit the trails early today, put on 30 miles before things got busy, I met the groomer in a tight spot coming back, thank god for reverse. I went to take a picture but the card was full. :mad:

    Before heading out on the county trails I took a ride around our property first, the first four pictures are from that part of the ride, the last two are from the county trail (8E North) coming back.

    Not one lady I could talk with today, just a bunch of trees!
     

    Attached Files:

    Gasifier likes this.
  9. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Gasifier likes this.
  10. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Looks like another beautiful day for riding. Will you be getting any snow this week? After this cold in the next day or 2, things should warm up a bit for us.
     
  11. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Not much, from what I can see they're calling for 1.5 inches of snow this week.
     
  12. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    You just never can tell what you'll see in the woods, thought that I was on my way to Loon's house! This sign should be about 40 miles northwest of this spot.

    I put a quick 20 miles on this morning, I never saw a sled until my way back, only saw five sleds today.
     

    Attached Files:

    Gasifier likes this.
  13. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    LOL Prolly someone from the "big city" in St. Lawrence County. Enjoy the riding.
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  14. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Maybe you were going a wee bit faster than you thought!:p
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  15. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I was taking in the scenery today, I was going about 15 mph most of the time, I've not yet opened it up, about 30 mph is the highest I've had it going.
     
  16. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Went snowshoeing out back today. The first of any tracks were seen since last Thursday. Mainly squirrel and deer.
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  17. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    We have some snowshoes but haven't used them this year, the wife has gone cross country skiing a few times, it's just been too cold most of this winter.
     
    Well Seasoned likes this.
  18. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I put a quick 10 miles on later today/tonight, great night for a ride.
     

    Attached Files:

    Gasifier likes this.
  19. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    You got some decent lights on that badboy. Helps to see the upcoming work in those woods.
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  20. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Those help with reading the road signs.
     
    thewoodlands likes this.