At the beginning of winter: "Isn't the first snow beautiful?" At the end of winter: "When will this ever end!?"
While my kids were attending university (both in the U.P.-go figure, right??) they would always mention other students just so overtaken by the first snows. They would run and skip with their heads raised and arms outstretched and big grins on their faces squealing and trying to catch snowflakes.....you get the picture! Check back on them in a couple months....head lowered, shuffling through the snow, whining and complaining about the quantity of snow, the cold temperatures, the lack of daylight, etc etc. One young girl from Hawaii quit after one semester and went back home! The ones that didn't leave or transfer I think became heavy drinkers!
I don't think I've ever gotten tired of snow. Of course living in south-eastern OH we only get any accumulation 2-3 times a winter and the snow very rarely stays around for more than a week before it melts.
We've been blessed to live in several areas; some with very little snow and some with extreme amounts of snow. For sure if one has to live or drive in a village, town or city, having more snow is not all that bad. One thing we always noticed was the dirty snow. It gets plowed and then the traffic splashes crap on the snowbanks and it looks ugly. If you get snow 3 or 4 times per week, it is usually clean of at least not as bad....until spring. But in deep snow areas, spring can happen pretty fast and the snow is gone quickly. Then, of course, the trash that people throw out of their cars shows up. I well remember the blessing when Michigan passed the bottle/can law so there weren't so many beer and pop cans along side of the roads and trails in the spring. One other thing I always noticed. Perhaps it is psychological, I don't know. But it always seemed to me to feel colder in winter when you didn't get much snow. Maybe it is because with more snow there is more ways to have fun outdoors in winter?
I do that too. Imho it's the best time to cut. No bugs, and you don't sweat, unless you push it too hard or don't dress to keep from sweating. Snowmobiling sure is fun when the winter actually allows it.