In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

No posts for Dennis, aka backwoodsavage since Tuesday ?

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by bogydave, Feb 6, 2014.

  1. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Anyone heard if he has power or phone problems.
    Not like him to not post a few times per day.
     
    papadave and Pallet Pete like this.
  2. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    I'm gonna try to call him tonight Dave I have been a little worried too...
     
    Certified106 and Grizzly Adam like this.
  3. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Keeping an eye on this.
     
    raybonz likes this.
  4. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    He was around for a bit,
    Posted in the woodshed
    file://localhost/Users/davidstrawser/Desktop/WOOD%20Burn/Wood%20Splting/100_0804.JPG
     
  5. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
    I thought he got lost in his maze of wood piles......
     
    WeldrDave likes this.
  6. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,336
    Location:
    Central PA
    Keep me posted too, guys.......I'll send him a PM right now.....
     
  7. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
    He replied last night in the "man vs machine" thread
     
    raybonz and Scotty Overkill like this.
  8. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Correction not surgery but close enough. I won't give the details I'll let Dennis do that when he can if he wishes too.
     
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
    Scotty Overkill likes this.
  9. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,336
    Location:
    Central PA
    Okie doke........Prayers to the Savage man!
     
    Locust Post, raybonz and WeldrDave like this.
  10. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
    I hope everything is ok
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2014
    Scotty Overkill likes this.
  11. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    I believe it was planned way in advance he told us last month about it.
     
  12. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
    That's good, but you never know when you go to the hospital.
     
  13. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Hope to see a fast recovery and a quick return.
     
  14. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
  15. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    I was wondering to....... Hope whatever it is was uneventful and he comes through ok. Prayers are being sent his way!
     
    eatonpcat and WeldrDave like this.
  16. WeldrDave

    WeldrDave Military Outpost Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,182
    Likes Received:
    56,137
    Location:
    The Communist Socialist Republic of New Jersey
    X2....
     
  17. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,983
    Likes Received:
    312,179
    Location:
    Central MI
    Okay guys. I spent most of today at Sparrow hospital all for an MRI. I had hoped to see Pete's wife, who works there but that didn't pan out. It would have been a good highlight of the day. Sadly, as many times happens, a lot of time was spent waiting. This was not a normal MRI either and I remember absolutely nothing about it because I was out cold. The nurses were great and the doctor too. They did notice the pain I was in so without asking, they gave me something to ease that and it helped.

    This whole thing started many moons ago. Back in 1947 I had polio and was cripple from the waist down and not a whole lot better up top. Fortunately, I was never in an iron lung. But this left my back in not too good of shape. Fast forward to 1984 and one day, in a hurry, rather than taking the steps down off the loading dock, I jumped off. Wrong! Fast forward to 2012 and I fell backward off a trailer landing squarely on my back. Fast forward to December 2013 and I fell into our 4' deep well pit landing on my back right on top of the well pump.

    A few guys knew I had some problems because some great guys came in early December (before the well pit mishap) to help me drop a couple dozen trees. I did not do much at all that day and nobody complained. Of course I wondered what they were thinking of me with them doing all the work, but it got done. I well remember that day and am still red faced over it as I felt terrible not being able to do much at all.

    So this thing is both from a couple recent accidents plus the other problems. I don't know where this is going to take me but I am going the the Michigan State Spine Center to see if they can help. Have an appointment Monday.

    Thank you for your concern and if anything great happens, I will let you all know. My lovely wife also thanks you. (People still look funny when I talk about her being my first wife!)
     
    milleo, Locust Post, raybonz and 3 others like this.
  18. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Glad to have you back and I hope everything works out well!
     
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  19. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Glad they seem to be making progress
    Get it all fixed up, you'll be back to Sit'n & split'n in no time.

    PS : You know how it makes you feel good when you help folks.
    These guys get the same good feeling when they help someone.
    So thanks for helping them feel good by letting them helping you ;)
    So you did more good stuff that day than you think :)
     
  20. WeldrDave

    WeldrDave Military Outpost Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,182
    Likes Received:
    56,137
    Location:
    The Communist Socialist Republic of New Jersey
    Just take it easy Dennis, I know all of us are rootn for ya! :thumbs: Hang in there!
     
    Backwoods Savage likes this.