In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Time for New stove gloves

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by TurboDiesel, Nov 10, 2016.

  1. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,239
    Likes Received:
    97,553
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    I got an extra year out of my old pair of stove gloves by fixing some small holes and worn areas with Tear Mender.
    But it's time for a new pair.

    Anyone have any good ideas?
    A good brand?
    A good place to buy?
    A better product?

    I will coat the fingers of the new pair before I use them to slow the wear.
     
  2. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    We use welding gloves.
     
    milleo, Bert, Eric VW and 6 others like this.
  3. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Same here.
     
    milleo, Bert, Eric VW and 4 others like this.
  4. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    +1
     
    milleo, Bert, Eric VW and 2 others like this.
  5. Shawn Curry

    Shawn Curry

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2014
    Messages:
    3,755
    Likes Received:
    22,702
    Location:
    Western NY
    Stove gloves?? It's only a few hundred degrees... :fire:

    I've got a brand new pair of welding gloves by the stove. I'd send them to you, but I like to have them handy in case Amy needs to use them. :D
     
    will711, Bert, Eric VW and 5 others like this.
  6. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    Get ahold of Butcher, he'd be your "right-hand" man for this. He could certainly solve at least half your problem..............:rofl: :lol:
     
    will711, Eric VW, Shawn Curry and 3 others like this.
  7. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,991
    Likes Received:
    312,252
    Location:
    Central MI
    I don't remember where we got the last pair of welder gloves but they were under $10. Seems like they last a couple years with no problem.
     
  8. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,239
    Likes Received:
    97,553
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    o_O

    :emb:


    :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
     
    will711, Eric VW and Shawn Curry like this.
  9. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,737
    Likes Received:
    224,556
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Check out Menards for decent pricing.
     
    Eric VW and TurboDiesel like this.
  10. bassJAM

    bassJAM

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2014
    Messages:
    1,999
    Likes Received:
    6,021
    Location:
    Cincinnati, OH
    I got my welding gloves from Harbor Freight. They're going on 4 years and even withstood a puppy chewing them some!
     
    milleo, HDRock, Eric VW and 1 other person like this.
  11. J. Dirt

    J. Dirt

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2015
    Messages:
    3,488
    Likes Received:
    18,347
    Location:
    Ny
    Same Here:fire:
     
    Eric VW and TurboDiesel like this.
  12. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,512
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Myself I don't like welders gloves for the stove they seem too balky to me. I buy a new pair of suede leather gloves at Rural King about every 2 years for about 5 or 6 bucks. Kinco brand.
     
    Eric VW likes this.
  13. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
  14. bushpilot

    bushpilot

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2015
    Messages:
    3,240
    Likes Received:
    14,366
    Location:
    Eastern Washington
    Me too. Except the puppy.
     
    bassJAM, HDRock, Bert and 1 other person like this.
  15. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,550
    Likes Received:
    141,583
    Location:
    US
    I use these which my MIL got me 4 years ago... A little pricey? Yes. But no need to patch anything yet, and they've been instrumental in working the smoker this summer too.
    Check 'em out TD. :thumbs:
     
    milleo, HDRock and Viking80 like this.