In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Dodged 1 bullet today but...

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Butcher, Oct 31, 2016.

  1. Butcher

    Butcher

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2014
    Messages:
    1,071
    Likes Received:
    7,239
    Location:
    Iowa
    ...got nicked in the liver with another one today.
    So, this morning the wife and I are up and atom early getting ready for yet another Monday. Well, Linda had today off since she worked this past week end so she was on a cleaning jag. Load of cloths in the washer and doing some dishes and who knows what else first thing in the morning. As for me, well, it takes me some time to get all the old broken bones and torn up ligaments (not to mention my brain) all working in the morning. So I turn on the coffee and hobble down stairs to make a cigarette and up the stairs to sit in my "reading room." As I sit there I hear the washing machine start to empty and a split second later my reading room throne starts to make bubbling and gurgling noises I gave a quick shout out to the wife to cease and desist all water running till I could further investigate the source of this problem. The good Lord was with me this morning as It was just a plunger type solution and not a septic tank problem. I have lived with septic tanks all my life and take better care of their maintenance than I do a work truck so I think I am cool with the poo as of right now.
    But! I had to wait all day to call into the county court house to see if I had to report to jury duty TOMORROW. Give a guy a months notice on when to call but dont let you know till 12 hours before you are s'posed to report? No,No, we dont care about your schedule or any thing in your life. It is your civic duty they say. Well, I called and have to report tomorrow morning to fulfill my civic obligations. I fully understand the legal justice system since I have been indoctrinated to it long ago in a land far far away but, I really want no part of it right now and have better things to do like earning a living and getting things ready for a long winter. If I get tied up in a jury trial in the arse hole of Iowa we call Waterloo, I am most certainly not going to be sympathetic to 1 side or the other. BTDT so I know how it works. BLAACCCKKK. Leave me alone for F's sakes.
     
  2. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    Just tell em up front, that as far as your concerned, they are all guilty and can you be of any help getting the rope ready...................:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol: Guarentee you'll be home within a hour....................................
     
    unclefess, Chvymn99 and papadave like this.
  3. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Sounds like you had a bidet or a tiny jacuzzi for a little while. Ritzy.
     
    rottiman and yooperdave like this.
  4. concretegrazer

    concretegrazer

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,429
    Likes Received:
    12,455
    Location:
    Southwest MO
    I thought there was an assassination attempt on my favorite political candidate for a second. Shew.... Good luck on the jury thing.
     
    rottiman and Chvymn99 like this.
  5. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    [​IMG]
     
  6. Gary_602z

    Gary_602z

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,464
    Likes Received:
    12,340
    Location:
    Lake Odessa, Michigan
    Had a driver put down on the survey that he had been a witness, plaintiff and defendant and he thought the judical system sucked. He didnt get drawn!:rofl: :lol:

    Gary
     
  7. Redneck

    Redneck

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2015
    Messages:
    1,486
    Likes Received:
    13,641
    Location:
    Burton mi
    Answer all the questions on the survey with
    Guilty and lets hang'm. Did this once about 25 years ago and have never been called again
    My other half wont do this and has jury duty 4 times in the last 12 years or so
     
    rottiman and Chvymn99 like this.
  8. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,484
    Likes Received:
    113,760
    Location:
    KC Metro
    I was suppose to have it this week.... called in last Friday at noon (suppose to be after 4pm) and asked if I could know so we can get a schedule for next week at work figured out. It was canceled.... so that's 5 time in 10 years I've been called up. Only once been there and then released. My boss wrote me off the one time due to ISO audits... and been cancelled out on the other 3 times...
     
    rottiman and concretegrazer like this.
  9. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,717
    Likes Received:
    224,375
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Well, if he indeed did get chosen for jury duty, he would be unable to let us know about it until its over, no?