In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Wanna Come Help??

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Ralphie Boy, Oct 27, 2016.

  1. Ralphie Boy

    Ralphie Boy

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2014
    Messages:
    4,274
    Likes Received:
    29,904
    Location:
    Rabbit Hash, Kentucky
    If you're in the Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati area, ya ain't doing anything on a week day and ya like a challenge, come give me a hand with this brut.
    Big dead ash DBH about 25", closer to the ground about 40". Height I'm guessing about 70 to 80 feet. It's on a bit of a hillside and I'm gonna have to clear about a quarter acre to be able to get to it and get away. And the big split makes it interesting. Looks like I'll get to use the 661 with the new 28" bar and chain. This is the last big ash left on my property, the rest are anywhere from 8 to 16" in diameter. Sorry about the lousy pictures all I had was a cell phone, my wife has the Nikon at school today.

    [/ATTACH] IMG_20161027_141334.jpg KIMG0015.JPG KIMG0013.JPG .
     

    Attached Files:

    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  2. Woodsnwoods

    Woodsnwoods

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2015
    Messages:
    3,067
    Likes Received:
    20,081
    Location:
    Syracuse, NY
    take a video!!!:dex:
     
  3. Boomstick

    Boomstick Banned

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2016
    Messages:
    1,379
    Likes Received:
    4,615
    Location:
    Saratoga county ny
    A 661 should be all the help you need!
    Ditto on the video!
     
    papadave, gboutdoors, TBONE and 2 others like this.
  4. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,640
    Likes Received:
    130,599
    Location:
    Vermont
    that some firewood there!
     
    papadave, gboutdoors and Boomstick like this.
  5. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Looks like a fun day
    Drive a stick in the ground, see if you hit it. :)
     
    Woodsnwoods, Lone_Gun, milleo and 5 others like this.
  6. Ralphie Boy

    Ralphie Boy

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2014
    Messages:
    4,274
    Likes Received:
    29,904
    Location:
    Rabbit Hash, Kentucky
    I always do for the big ones! :thumbs: I even hit it once or twice :rofl: :lol:
     
  7. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Yea
    Makes it more fun,
    Have your wedges ready :yes:
     
  8. Ralphie Boy

    Ralphie Boy

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2014
    Messages:
    4,274
    Likes Received:
    29,904
    Location:
    Rabbit Hash, Kentucky
    I'm thinking about setting a stick to see how close I can come to the base of the crotch of the big split without hitting it. If i make that I'll retire. :rofl: :lol:
     
    Woodsnwoods and HDRock like this.
  9. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Had a 17 inch ash out here with a crack up the side turned out to be not a problem was half inch deep, rest of the tree was good and solid.
    You're going to get a lot of good :woodsign: out of that puppy :saw::tree::axe::stacke:
     
    Woodsnwoods likes this.
  10. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Yep,retire for the year at least.
    Then take up golf . LOL
    :rofl: :lol:

    Like HDRock says
    Lots of good wood there !
     
  11. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,950
    Likes Received:
    52,503
    Location:
    N. E. OH