In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

I did it again!

Discussion in 'Non-EPA Woodstoves and Fireplaces' started by WeldrDave, Oct 10, 2016.

  1. WeldrDave

    WeldrDave Military Outpost Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,182
    Likes Received:
    56,136
    Location:
    The Communist Socialist Republic of New Jersey
    Did I need it,... "NO" but it was there and the price was right. :whistle:

    This Mama bear needs some serious help, inside and out but I couldn't see it go for a boat anchor.
    It has a warp crack in the back somebody tried to fix, "wrong".... :headbang:
    It had been Very hot on several occasions.:picard: The door and the stove for the most part is fine, all the fire brick was destroyed into pieces and I have to replace some of the brick rail inside.
    We'll get it back into shape and I'll put it up for sale. :(
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,640
    Likes Received:
    130,635
    Location:
    Vermont
  3. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    you my friend, will need to hire some heavy duty trucks when you move north and need those collections moved with you!
     
    Eric VW, WeldrDave and wildwest like this.
  4. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,655
    Likes Received:
    144,627
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
  5. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,717
    Likes Received:
    224,378
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    FHC......Fisher Hoarder Club?
    :thumbs:
     
  6. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    Niiiiice! :yes::)
    Certifiable:rofl: :lol::hair::wacky:
     
    WeldrDave, yooperdave and wildwest like this.
  7. oldspark

    oldspark

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2014
    Messages:
    2,534
    Likes Received:
    7,444
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    I am glad to see you "keeping the faith" with the old stoves, kinda like old cars, they just dont make them like that anymore.
     
    Scotty Overkill and WeldrDave like this.
  8. WeldrDave

    WeldrDave Military Outpost Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,182
    Likes Received:
    56,136
    Location:
    The Communist Socialist Republic of New Jersey
    That's a nice comment, Thanks! Some folks criticize the old stoves "but" if you work them and baffle them, you can get a "cleaner" burn. And I "personally" don't believe in the whole global warming dog and pony show! Not saying it's Ok to pollute but how did the people do it 100 years or more ago? Thanks for the kind words!:)
     
    yooperdave and Pyroholic like this.
  9. chris

    chris

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2013
    Messages:
    3,168
    Likes Received:
    11,288
    Location:
    SE WI
    exactly-
     
    yooperdave and WeldrDave like this.
  10. Coaly

    Coaly

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2016
    Messages:
    168
    Likes Received:
    568
    Location:
    NE PA
    100 years ago they didn't make them air-tight so they leaked so much they burned clean.
    How about a close up of that tag? It's one of the first and the II before that had bolt on shield with no tag. This is one of the last flat top doors before the 1980 upgrade. Is there a day or month? I only see an 80 stamped. Probably using up the old doors before going all Cathedral.
    I wipe tags carefully with mineral spirits only, even cleaner wax removes that brittle paint. Any secrets restoring tags?
    Here's the same time period stove;

    Mama with shield 1.jpg Mama with shield 2.jpg Good Caution Tag on the fender. That's the only other flat top door stove I've seen with the tag normally found on newer stoves.
    Personally, it's a keeper. You need a place to store it? :zip: Humidity controlled. The other stoves don't need to know.
     
    savemoney likes this.
  11. Unicorn1

    Unicorn1

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2013
    Messages:
    2,282
    Likes Received:
    8,917
    Location:
    Amarillo, TX
    You the man, another good Fisher save.
     
    yooperdave and savemoney like this.