It was pretty cold in here this morning and since there is no time like the present I built a fire. Isn't it good, I'm burning wood.
Yes, but is it Norwegian wood? Norwegian Wood Lyrics I once had a girl, or should I say, she once had me... She showed me her room, isn't it good, norwegian wood? She asked me to stay and she told me to sit anywhere, So I looked around and I noticed there wasn't a chair. I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine We talked until two and then she said, "It's time for bed" She told me she worked in the morning and started to laugh. I told her I didn't and crawled off to sleep in the bath And when I awoke, I was alone, this bird had flown So I lit a fire, isn't it good, norwegian wood.
Only two mentions of norwegian wood in the song-- the first one tells us what the wood is, the second one tells us its on fire. Sly.