I laid down for a nap after lunch and thought I would get up and mow and do some more splitting as I finally got the splitter out yesterday and started. I'm sitting here with the rain pounding outside. We have been making up for our dry summer the last few weeks so when the corn is cut I don't know if I'll be able to get out and cut either.....guess that's another good reason to be ahead.
We're so happy the rain has finally stopped here. Today we had to drive south and for sure the further we drove, the more water we saw. Lots and lots of standing water in fields. It is good to see the sun shine again. We almost forgot what it was like!
Saw the sun for a few minutes this afternoon, then it rained some more. Weatherpeople are wrong fairly often, aren't they?
Don't hog it all, send it up here before the wells go dry. So far ours seems fine but people are starting to have problems, especially those with a well point.
We left South Carolina early because it was raining but it followed us home. It rained at some point almost everyday this past week here. Not showing much for this week, supposed to be in the mid 70's day and mid 50's night before a little bit of a cool off next weekend. Going to try to get all my outside chores besides splitting done this week.
National Weather Service Watch Warning Advisory Summary This is south of us but maybe we'll get some rain out of it, if it brings strong winds it better leave the trails alone.
Was either raining or misting pretty much all weekend here. Today was mostly cloudy but dry. Looks like this week will be pretty nice. As for as the weather guessers, they'll keep on guessing.