In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

WFO - Waking the sleeping giant. Calzone pics.

Discussion in 'The Smokehouse' started by fishingpol, Feb 1, 2014.

  1. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    We hit 45 degrees today, and it was time to fire the oven. I started it with maple and cut up oak snow stakes.
    A piece of Super Cedar to get it going. It was nice to be outside for a while and cook.

    IMG_6889.JPG

    Rolling along. I cracked the thermometer in the oven when firing.

    IMG_6907.JPG



    I used the rooker to pull the coals out to the floor to soak the bricks. Pegged thermometer.


    IMG_6921.JPG

    Pepperoni out. That is a piece of angle iron to hold the wood back and keep the crust from burning.

    IMG_6924.JPG


    IMG_6927.JPG



    Italian sausage and mozz cheese. Killer

    IMG_6932.JPG


    Mushroom and cheese
    IMG_6933.JPG


    The last one was a barbecue chicken and sweet onion.


    IMG_6935.JPG
     
  2. mattjm1017

    mattjm1017

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,825
    Likes Received:
    3,262
    Location:
    North Eastern North Cackalacky
    :drool::thumbs: I wish I hadnt opened this. Now Im hungry and want a pizza oven:drool:
     
  3. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    That looks great. If it stays warm out I will be smoking some pork loin but now you have me second guessing that.
     
    Scotty Overkill and fishingpol like this.
  4. Daryl

    Daryl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    2,164
    Likes Received:
    4,239
    beautiful pictures
     
  5. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Aww man I want some! Looks great!
     
    Woodwidow and fishingpol like this.
  6. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,515
    Likes Received:
    95,537
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    OOOOHHHHH! those food pics are killing me. Tonight it is popcorn or coleslaw. I think I am going to have to find recipes for whatever it is you made and try them (sigh) :( in the electric oven. Cleaning the boiler tomorrow morning so may be roasted potatoes for lunch. :D
     
  7. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    I shot a popcorn video earlier today. Used the Whirley pop.
     
    Scotty Overkill likes this.
  8. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,510
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Calzones...something I have not had forever. Those look awesome.
     
    Scotty Overkill and fishingpol like this.
  9. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    I love my Whirley Popper!
    The boys do too!
    IMG_0396.JPG IMG_0392.JPG
     
    WeldrDave, Scotty Overkill and basod like this.
  10. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Scotty Overkill likes this.
  11. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    Now I gotta go look. LOL
     
    Grizzly Adam likes this.
  12. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    Yep. It's a Whirley Pop. And of coarse I had to make some popcorn while I was there. LOL
    Guess who helped me.
    :popcorn:
     
    papadave and Scotty Overkill like this.
  13. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Not sure which brand is the original, but mine works great. I got the video all done short of the voice over, you should get to check out my model tomorrow.
     
  14. Gary_602z

    Gary_602z

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,464
    Likes Received:
    12,340
    Location:
    Lake Odessa, Michigan
    Your Chocolate reminds me of this dog!:)



    Gary
     
  15. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    I'll take 4 in time for the superbowl! Do you deliver?
     
    fishingpol likes this.
  16. gbreda

    gbreda

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    7,506
    Likes Received:
    37,200
    Location:
    NH
    :eek:

    Gotta change that. Calzones are awesome and not hard to make !! Get creative with the fillings...meatball, sausage, chicken parm, veggies and ricotta, steak and cheese...whatever you want. Dammit now I am hungry :drool:
     
    Scotty Overkill likes this.
  17. gbreda

    gbreda

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    7,506
    Likes Received:
    37,200
    Location:
    NH
    damm those look awesome !! Bet they taste even better from the wood oven :drool:
     
    fishingpol likes this.
  18. Daryl

    Daryl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    2,164
    Likes Received:
    4,239
    My guilty pleasure

    [​IMG]
     
    Scotty Overkill and TurboDiesel like this.
  19. mattjm1017

    mattjm1017

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,825
    Likes Received:
    3,262
    Location:
    North Eastern North Cackalacky
    I cant ever get those things to work for me:mad: They always end up either burnt or not popped.
     
  20. Daryl

    Daryl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    2,164
    Likes Received:
    4,239
    It's all in the wrist.
     
    mattjm1017 likes this.