In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Wall Mount Pellet stove issue - see vid. Anyone know this problem?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by don2222, Aug 14, 2016.

1. SKEETER McCLUSKEY

SKEETER McCLUSKEY

wow! just read a bunch of reviews on that.....not good

jtakeman likes this.
  2. don2222

don2222

Hello
    I finally fixed it.
    The convection RTD sensor wire was frayed where it went through the inside wall from the convection air tube to the main circuit board. This caused the circuit board behind the keypad to blow out. US stove sent out a new circuit board for behind the keypad but that blew out also.
    So after I put in the new RTD sensor with good wires, I replaced the 2nd blown circuit board behind the keypad and bingo it worked!
    Stove puts out great heat (much more than the window mount pellet stove) but if the stove gets too hot inside it steps the heat level down to 3 or 2 and then to 1 according to the resistance of the convection RTD sensor mounted behind the top grill where the heat comes out!
    Case Closed!

Attached Files:

3. subsailor

subsailor

It's good that you were able to fix it but some poor sucker is going to buy one of those things expecting to heat their house, or at least a room or 2 and have the same problems you did and not know what to do to fix it.

4. don2222

don2222

US stove will be informed of the fix and they do provide free parts for any stove under warranty so this will be a good resolution if there is any future occurances.

5. lordmetalz28

lordmetalz28

There will be. There replacement parts die out quick. They have to be the worst stove manufacturer out there. I think out of the cheapo stoves englander has to be the best

6. don2222

don2222

They are far from the worst. Their new 5660 Ashley P stove is very attractive and the New LCD digital control panel is the latest in high tech for a reasonable price.
    Englanders are very rugged too.

7. lordmetalz28

lordmetalz28

Had that model. Hardly high tech. Harmans control blows my mind

8. don2222

don2222

I do agree Harman is better but for my own info what did you not like about the Ashley P?

9. lordmetalz28

lordmetalz28

Mainly cheap chinese chit metal. Warpping and cracking. Cheap chinese chit electrical boards full of bugs. Us stoves dishonest bunch of faker employees using every excuse in the world to put the blame on the install. Then you call them on thier bs and there remedy is a new stove. There such a joke up and down. Very unprofessional company

jtakeman likes this.
  10. don2222

don2222

Hello
    I finally got a good explanation on how the RTD sensor works with the control panel.

US Stove states, the 4840 Wall mount pellet unit learns the ambient temperatures in the environment and then adjusts the feed rate for each heat level that it is operating on!
    Therefore feed rate 3 for a unit in Alberta Canada will not feed at the same pounds per hour as feed rate 3 in West Virginia! Interesting!
    This learning capability takes a few weeks for the unit to adjust to the ambient temps in the Region that it is in!
    The new wave of Pellet Stove Technology! ! ! :)

11. Rich250

Rich250

Sounds like a disaster to me.