In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Ammonoosuc Trail

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Well Seasoned, Sep 10, 2016.

  1. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Dawn and I took the ammonoosuc trail today from Littleton to Woodsville. This is a rail to trail system for multi use. Enjoy......

    20160910_113056.jpg 20160910_113216.jpg 20160910_114031.jpg 20160910_114725.jpg
     
  2. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
  3. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
  4. Gary_602z

    Gary_602z

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,464
    Likes Received:
    12,340
    Location:
    Lake Odessa, Michigan
    Cool, how long is it?

    Gary
     
    Thor, savemoney and Backwoods Savage like this.
  5. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Its around 42 miles round trip.
     
  6. Gary_602z

    Gary_602z

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,464
    Likes Received:
    12,340
    Location:
    Lake Odessa, Michigan
    Looks like a fun ride. I have had my quad for almost 3 years and it just turned over 80 miles yesterday!!:rofl: :lol:

    Gary
     
  7. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    Looks a little dry there for sure............
     
  8. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    The grizzly is a 2013, hasn't seen too many trails. Usually an around the house workhorse, but........ we're so close to the trail system, it will see much more use.

    It was dry and dusty in the open areas, and right when we loaded up the truck to leave, the rains came. Steady for awhile, now scattered. We decided to go down to the river to have lunch, but the unseen when we started was steep. I had to winch Dawn up. The cool thing round here is, the trails go into the towns, down paved roads (shared use, clear signs to regular motorists) to gas stations, restaurants, hotels, etc. At a juntion on the trail, theres signs saying "village pizza", etc .5 miles <--------- its really cool!
     
    Thor, savemoney, WeldrDave and 4 others like this.
  9. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    No doubt you now reside in a most desirable area. Glad your able to enjoy it for sure...............:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
     
    Thor, WeldrDave, unclefess and 4 others like this.
  10. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,495
    Likes Received:
    113,846
    Location:
    KC Metro
    Awesome pictures! Is that a covered bridge?
     
  11. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Yup, for cars and atvs. Lots of covered bridges up here.
     
  12. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,495
    Likes Received:
    113,846
    Location:
    KC Metro
    That's cool! :thumbs:
     
  13. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,985
    Likes Received:
    312,205
    Location:
    Central MI
    Do you ever ride it Gary?
     
    Thor and Well Seasoned like this.
  14. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,985
    Likes Received:
    312,205
    Location:
    Central MI


    I think we bought our Grizzly in December 2010. I think we have around 3300 miles on it so far and it has never seen an atv trail. For use only around home. Yes, you might say it is a workhorse. I think I put about 10 miles on it during the get-together last spring!
     
    Thor, WeldrDave and Well Seasoned like this.
  15. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    Nice pictures. That should be a great ride during foliage season.
     
  16. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Oh yea, and in the late spring when the river is roaring!
     
  17. WeldrDave

    WeldrDave Military Outpost Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,182
    Likes Received:
    56,143
    Location:
    The Communist Socialist Republic of New Jersey
    Man, I can't wait to get up there with my bunch! :cool: That looks like some awesome riding!!! :) I'm really looking forward to that! :yes::thumbs:
     

    Attached Files:

  18. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    x2:thumbs:
     
    Thor likes this.
  19. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    Remember, you will need a snow sled in addition to the ATV. The mountain areas can have many months of deep snow. Snow machines are a big part of life in that area. Snow shoes also if you want to be able to walk and not sink up to your waist in the snow. Best if you can have some time to live a little. Oh yes, a boat and an ice shack also helps! My boys are well outfitted for these long winters and also to be able to enjoy our short, but fantastic summers.
     
  20. WeldrDave

    WeldrDave Military Outpost Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,182
    Likes Received:
    56,143
    Location:
    The Communist Socialist Republic of New Jersey
    Well Larry, I'll start here first;… I never owned or even rode a snow mobile so do they come with training wheels?.. :confused::rofl: :lol:, I have looked into it though and I think I'll go simple and used at first when I get up there some day for my first snow mobile. My Wife is originally from Wisconsin so snow is "nothing new" to her and her family, Uncles and cousins all had them so she'll be teaching me most likely. Second; My Father in-law as two portable ice shanties he has gifted to me for the future! :) Many years back he used to work for Outers sports and outdoor division and was a "bow" designer and fabricating engineer so he has a lot of cool:cool: outdoor stuff that he has gifted to my wife and I, "including" snow shoes! :D. He actually used to where them back in the 60's and 70's when he did some recreational trapping. Next, he has a 14' flat aluminum skiff he has given to us which is in really good shape, it may be 12 years old but I think the motor is a 1959 Mercury…:eek::whistle: sooooo…. We'll see how that pans out. He's 90 now so he isn't doing much outdoor stuff anymore, but he "still" rides his ATV on the state trails in the spring and summer! o_O God bless him, he loves to get out even at 90! :thumbs::)
     
    Backwoods Savage and Thor like this.