In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Sweet Potatoes....

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Chvymn99, Sep 4, 2016.

  1. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,500
    Likes Received:
    113,877
    Location:
    KC Metro
    The garden got cleaned out today... The last portion was the Sweet Potato hills. I had 16 hills planted... Ended up with some nice selection of potatoes.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. SKEETER McCLUSKEY

    SKEETER McCLUSKEY

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2015
    Messages:
    12,546
    Likes Received:
    61,489
    Location:
    Taconic Range
  3. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    Uuuuummmmm............................a mountain of "Sweet Tater Fries" in the making.....................:thumbs::rofl: :lol::thumbs:
     
  4. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,287
    Likes Received:
    66,705
    Location:
    IN
    I don't usually dig mine for a couple more weeks and they've never looked that good. I think I planted 25 slips...had a few die. Will report back after I dig mine.
     
  5. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Anybody plant the white SP?
    We got some a while back, and man were they good. I'd say better than any I've had, but we haven't found 'em since.:(
     
  6. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,500
    Likes Received:
    113,877
    Location:
    KC Metro
    Never heard of them... I know Burpees has like some blue or Purple ones ....
     
  7. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,500
    Likes Received:
    113,877
    Location:
    KC Metro
    Yea, as long as it's before the first frost... But only 120 days is needed for this variety. You'll have to post them up. :yes:
     
  8. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,500
    Likes Received:
    113,877
    Location:
    KC Metro
    Tried them... But not much of a sweet Tators fries type of guy... Now mashed sweet Tators or a pie.... I'm that type ...
     
  9. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,287
    Likes Received:
    66,705
    Location:
    IN
    We make some stuff called pilgrim stew with them. Basically sweet taters, sweet corn, onions, and bacon baked together.
     
  10. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,500
    Likes Received:
    113,877
    Location:
    KC Metro
    :drool:.... Sounds awesome... Bacon and sweet potatoes.... When you get a chance can you get me the recipe?
     
  11. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Some monster Saw-eet Pots there! I too like the s p casserole topped with the marshmellows, and x2 on that recipe above......
     
  12. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,500
    Likes Received:
    113,877
    Location:
    KC Metro
    Got a 3 bags of mashed Sweetpotato's processed and froze today....
     

    Attached Files:

    savemoney, Well Seasoned and papadave like this.
  13. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Good stuff right there, m mm mmm:drool:
     
    Chvymn99 likes this.
  14. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,287
    Likes Received:
    66,705
    Location:
    IN
    Haven't forgotten to post my recipe...just been otherwise occupied.
     
    Well Seasoned and Chvymn99 like this.
  15. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,500
    Likes Received:
    113,877
    Location:
    KC Metro
    and don't worry, no potato was left behind.... The kid scraped and licked it clean...:rofl: :lol:
     
    Well Seasoned and savemoney like this.