In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Short trip in the new camper

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Smokinpiney, Aug 28, 2016.

  1. Smokinpiney

    Smokinpiney

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,811
    Likes Received:
    20,675
    Location:
    "South" Jersey
    Packed up the family and headed to a campground down near the shore for the weekend. My aunt and uncle have a seasonal spot there and we were able to get the spot right next to them. Had some good times with family and a great first trip!


    20160828_090613.jpg
     
  2. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,508
    Likes Received:
    95,502
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Nice. the inaugural run? It will take a few trips to decide where to put things, the order in which you do things while setting up and taking down. etc. The one thing I am paranoid about is leaving the electrical and water hose hooked up and driving away. Saw that happen one day while driving to work.
     
  3. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    I always do a walk around the truck and camper before jumping in and pulling away. Check to make sure the tires are up, storage compartments are latched, lights light, chains, breakaway, pins are in the weight distribution...ect.
    Then when I get in the truck I check the brake box is lit, and the settings are good then use the manual brake lever to stop the truck...
    Then I pull away wondering what I missed...:emb:
     
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  4. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    I love the wooded site/shade!:dex:

    Thats what its all about! :yes:
     
  5. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Looks like a great time! :thumbs: Probably eating good too huh?
     
  6. Smokinpiney

    Smokinpiney

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,811
    Likes Received:
    20,675
    Location:
    "South" Jersey
    You ain't kiddin brother. I'm still stuffed :beerbbq:.

    Yep Woodwidow it was our first trip with it! And yes you're right, we're still getting to know the best spot for storing certain things.

    TurboDiesel i think I did at least 3 or 4 walk around checks before I pulled out haha. :rofl: :lol:
     
  7. Smokinpiney

    Smokinpiney

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,811
    Likes Received:
    20,675
    Location:
    "South" Jersey
    Didn't get many other pics since i was chasing baby piney around but this one makes it all worth it. Here she's enjoying the splash pad at the campground pool. Her smile says it all.

    FB_IMG_1472424478569.jpg
     
    milleo, unclefess, Woodwidow and 8 others like this.
  8. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Baby Piney keep getting bigger! The picture is worth a thousand words! Happy as can be :)
     
  9. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    That brings back some memories for sure Smokinpiney .
     
  10. will711

    will711

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    10,270
    Likes Received:
    50,828
    Location:
    Pocono Mts.
    She's so cute :D
     
  11. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    For sure X 3
     
  12. will711

    will711

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    10,270
    Likes Received:
    50,828
    Location:
    Pocono Mts.
    A Beer for the ride home :whistle:
     
  13. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    Not in Pa!
    how about iced tea?
     
  14. will711

    will711

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    10,270
    Likes Received:
    50,828
    Location:
    Pocono Mts.
    I hear ya on that one brother , not like the old days when we went on a road trip :smoke: