In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

After Clearing...................

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by thewoodlands, Oct 12, 2013.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    the hemlock from the trail, I went to this area that was closed off since May. Pic 8005 is the top of a cherry, pic 8006 is a soft maple (I think), pic 8007 is the top of a cherry and 8008 is the rest of the cherry which I'll drop next spring.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Your work just led to more work. Its the good kind though. I can imagine once getting the trail cleared the anticipation of whats around the next corner.... AND.......:drool:.....:tree:......:axe:.......:thumbs:
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  3. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    It's a sickness, I only have a few more trails to check so I decided to walk up the hill that runs the length of the brook, only one hemlock that came down across the trail.
     

    Attached Files:

    HDRock, thistle and Well Seasoned like this.
  4. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    Please teach us the trick to making a polka dotted picture!

    Not a sickness in my book. Just doing something we like to do.
     
    papadave, thistle and Well Seasoned like this.
  5. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I'm not sure how that happened, it never showed up when I was taking the pic.
     
  6. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Beautiful ridge trail. Id love to ride it! Do you have any steep hill climbs, or did you make trails with switchbacks with towing in mind?
     
  7. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    All the trails were made by the original owner, Sav was up this hill, the start of it is steep enough for me, not sure if others would think it was steep.
     
  8. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Sounds cool. In the woods I work, the less steep the better. Regular trail riding, ill test whatever the trail throws at me. :rolleyes:
     
  9. thistle

    thistle

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,736
    Likes Received:
    9,757
    Location:
    Polk/Guthrie Counties,IA
    It seems when I finally get caught up,there's 2-3 more standing dead each month I discover.And this is only 10 acres.

    The drought over the past 2 summers is finally starting to show its effects.But some of this is 'natural thinning'' also.Lots of the oaks & hickories are getting old & competing for light & space.
     
    Well Seasoned likes this.