In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Moving wood and takin care of odds and ends

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by HDRock, Jul 28, 2016.

  1. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    I wanted to do more but, I did enough sweating for the day.
    Pics or it didn't happen

    20160728_144100.jpg

    20160728_150439.jpg

    20160728_151149.jpg

    20160728_135706.jpg


    20160728_160545.jpg


    20160728_183546.jpg


    20160728_194616.jpg
     
  2. walt

    walt

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2016
    Messages:
    979
    Likes Received:
    8,621
    Location:
    north central ohio
    HD you rock!:thumbs:
     
    Barcroftb, Shawn Curry, Chopy and 5 others like this.
  3. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Well, that's 100% more firewoodin' than I did today.
     
    Barcroftb, Shawn Curry, Chopy and 8 others like this.
  4. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Thanks Walt
    One thing about this dry weather not many mosquitoes :thumbs:
    Couple of toads hanging out under the wood I moved though, they must be getting what's left of them :)
     
    Barcroftb, Shawn Curry, Chopy and 4 others like this.
  5. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    I see what you did there:thumbs::rofl: :lol:

    Nice work HDRock :yes:
    "Aleve" it at the wood pile....:whistle:
    :)
     
    Barcroftb, Shawn Curry, Chopy and 4 others like this.
  6. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Advil today :BrianK:
     
    Barcroftb, Sean, Horkn and 1 other person like this.
  7. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Stacking is not my favorite thing but it's less physical than the rest, in the heat:dennis:
     
    Barcroftb, Shawn Curry, Chopy and 5 others like this.
  8. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    And with pallet sidewalks, way faster than cribbing, yes?:thumbs:
     
  9. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    The pallet sidewalks are out in the driveway:D
    Yeah they used to be cribed there that's why I put the side walls up, I'm not a seasoned criber jibber:D
    I can do a good job at IT, just takes too long :dex:
     
    Barcroftb, papadave, Chopy and 2 others like this.
  10. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,173
    Likes Received:
    166,458
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    Same here.

    I looked at some beech branches that are too long, and smelled the basswood stack tonight after picking a few tomatoes.

    Soon enough...
     
  11. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    That's what I'm saying, I like the look of cribbed ends and the mental Jenga, but gotta have time to learn how to quilt or search genealogies, right Woodwidow?
     
  12. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Got to have time to drink beer, man :D:cheers:
     
  13. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,512
    Likes Received:
    95,523
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    You been reading my posts? never to late to learn how to quilt or research genealogy.

    HDRock nice looking stacks.
     
  14. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    Hunny bunny, I ALWAYS read your posts!:thumbs:
    :rofl: :lol:
     
  15. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,512
    Likes Received:
    95,523
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Wow!!! you smooth talker, you.
     
  16. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    I have done some sewing but quilting is not my ticket.
    You have never seen anyone as fast as my sister crocheting by hand ,, but she has upgraded to Hi-Tech machines
     
  17. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    Me too, and my sister is big into the quilting thing. Methinks those two would get along just fine.
     
  18. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    My wife has been sewing for at least 45 years too.
    I've seen lots of fabric turned into lots of quilts.
    Oh, and wildwest posts are some of my favs.
     
  19. mike bayerl

    mike bayerl

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2014
    Messages:
    3,924
    Likes Received:
    22,456
    Location:
    Central PA
    Great job man! I've been hibernating indoors lately. Anything you can get done outside is a "WIN" in my book.
     
  20. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Took care of some more odds and ends and did some splitting, started late so I worked till dark no pics.
    For it only being 80 degrees I sure did sweat a lot
    smiley-sweating.thumbnail.gif

    emoticon-sospiro-di-sollievo.png