In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Getting started making a new type of hunting blind.

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by Backwoods Savage, Jul 17, 2016.

  1. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,985
    Likes Received:
    312,218
    Location:
    Central MI
    Still more work to do on this but you should get the idea. Hope to make some more similar to this.

    Making blind 7-2016a.JPG Making blind 7-2016b.JPG
     
  2. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    I love it! That's a great idea!
     
    Eric VW and Backwoods Savage like this.
  3. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,155
    Likes Received:
    163,530
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    NICE! Gonna get the Duck boys to come commission it? ;)
    Next thing we know you're gonna be all...[​IMG]
     
  4. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,512
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    I think that may just be the ticket for that big boy this year.....I remember when Cathy and I were up the deer were hanging close to the wood pile area.
     
  5. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,155
    Likes Received:
    163,530
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    ...uhhh...yeah...that's what I meant...deer, not ducks :whistle: :headbang: :emb:
     
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
    Eric VW and Backwoods Savage like this.
  6. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    I thought about doing that with our land. There is a lot of deer that come out right by where I stack our firewood.
     
    Eric VW and Backwoods Savage like this.
  7. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,287
    Likes Received:
    66,702
    Location:
    IN
    Ghillie suit made from firewood? Might be a little heavy though...
     
    Eric VW and Backwoods Savage like this.
  8. bocefus78

    bocefus78

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    3,694
    Likes Received:
    19,840
    Location:
    Indiana
    I had thought of doing what you did Dennis. Then I thought of the snakes that hide in my woodpiles. With a roof, and open windows/door, I'd imagine other critters will set up shop in it as well.

    I guess that makes me a sissy. I don't like snakes.
     
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    Eric VW and Backwoods Savage like this.
  9. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,985
    Likes Received:
    312,218
    Location:
    Central MI
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one thinking about this. I'll be happy to let you guys know how this works out. I hope to get at least 2 more built before September.

    As for critters bocefus78 I'll be checking as entering but do not expect to see any problems other than mice.
     
    Eric VW and Jeffrey Svoboda like this.