No, not my real Granny, the 400+lb one I have sitting on the hearth. It's down to 16* here this morning and the wind picked up about 20+mph last night. I had weekend duty at the base and I came in about 2300 last night. I just opend the door to Granny at 0630 and still had fire and enough burning to gittr going again and the room was 70*. I know some people do not like the old stuff, but in my opinion these old Fishers will run with the Big Dogs any day…….
Im actually thinking of replacing my old wood furnace in the basement next year, with an old fisher. A friend of mine has one and man do they put out the heat and hold a long burn!
There out there SP, don't know how big you want one but I've seen some Papa bears out there for $300.00
I'll keep my eyes out for you, your in my neck of the woods and I have some good connections for Fishers
I did not have a Fisher Dave but my old stove did a fine job and was built very similar to a Fisher. I may still be burning it if the flue chamber had not cracked. I could look back through the blower chamber and see flame through the crack. I had welded a few other areas so it was just time to move on. I do like my new Buck and love the glass door.