Im stuck in hot and smoky and at the bottom point of drought worsens! I knew I was enjoying the last 4 or 5 days of cold wet weather for a reason. I better get on with putting my firewood up so it can bake! Canadian summer forecast: Expect scorching or stormy
Even though it was a milder winter than normal around here, I had my doubts this spring...thought it was never gonna end. The weather feels about 3-4 weeks ahead of time now, and we didn't get near as much gloomy rainy weather through April-May. Except for the fire hazard, I'll take the warm weather no problem. It's gonna get smokey though if last year was any indication.
even our area looks to be out of the wet zone this summer. Maybe no fog? Definitely warmer this spring than the last few years.
Yeah last year it was the blob, this year El Nino, same as you in the Rockies. Next year? Ive heard La Nina is supposed to pay us a visit.
It definitely feels that way for us to. The draw back is you think the good weather is here and then boom a seasonal frost hits. Im not a fan of weather over 30 unless Im going to spend my day in water.
For the wet coast, there are already campfire bans happening on parts of the island and from the sounds of it, yesterday was a small fire started and fortunately put out quickly in the Port Hardy area. It is only May!