In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

How to get your excercise................

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by rottiman, May 13, 2016.

  1. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
  2. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    The guy was lucky someone wasn't carrying a weapon.
     
  3. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,737
    Likes Received:
    224,525
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.

    Very lucky!
     
    rottiman likes this.
  4. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,550
    Likes Received:
    141,581
    Location:
    US
    Looks more like a training video......
    Disgusting.
    :mad:
     
  5. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
    I think you could get arrested if you did that here.
     
    JustWood, UncleJoe and TurboDiesel like this.
  6. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,239
    Likes Received:
    97,553
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    It would be better to get arrested if you did that here.

    ^^^this^^^
     
    Canadian border VT likes this.
  7. UncleJoe

    UncleJoe

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2014
    Messages:
    1,467
    Likes Received:
    5,854
    Location:
    SC Pa
    I was thinking the same thing.

    Pretty pathetic way to entertain himself. I wonder how the cameraman would have felt watching his buddy get shot.
     
  8. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    ..........or a good attitude adjustment @ the very least...............
     
    Jack Straw likes this.
  9. bassJAM

    bassJAM

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2014
    Messages:
    1,999
    Likes Received:
    6,021
    Location:
    Cincinnati, OH
    That's too funny, I actually DID laugh out loud watching it!
     
  10. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,239
    Likes Received:
    97,553
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    I guess I dont see the humor in terrorism.
    20 years ago that would have been hysterical, now?...pretty poor taste.
     
    UncleJoe likes this.
  11. bushpilot

    bushpilot

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2015
    Messages:
    3,240
    Likes Received:
    14,366
    Location:
    Eastern Washington
    I laughed for sure.
     
  12. DaveGunter

    DaveGunter

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    3,894
    Likes Received:
    22,936
    Location:
    Far Away Ranch, Meadowbrook Forest
    Pretty obvious to me that the "victims" in the video were involved in the spoof. Still extremely poor taste and does nothing but perpetuate the stereotyped rascism against Arabs and Muslims, something that anyone who truly believes in the principles that this country was founded on should find offensive.
     
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
    yooperdave likes this.
  13. bushpilot

    bushpilot

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2015
    Messages:
    3,240
    Likes Received:
    14,366
    Location:
    Eastern Washington
    Actually, I don't think it promotes a stereotype, but rather ridicules it.
     
    bassJAM likes this.
  14. DaveGunter

    DaveGunter

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    3,894
    Likes Received:
    22,936
    Location:
    Far Away Ranch, Meadowbrook Forest
    I can see that but I suspect your are in the vast minority in that interpretation. Regardless, ridicule doesn't preclude the perpetuation.
     
  15. bassJAM

    bassJAM

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2014
    Messages:
    1,999
    Likes Received:
    6,021
    Location:
    Cincinnati, OH
    Jeesh it was a joke. I also appreciate a good blonde joke without giving in to the notion that all blondes are any less intelligent than a brunette.
     
    bushpilot likes this.
  16. DaveGunter

    DaveGunter

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    3,894
    Likes Received:
    22,936
    Location:
    Far Away Ranch, Meadowbrook Forest
    I get that it is meant to be a joke and I can appreciate that many will interpret it as so and keep it on the same level as you do, however when we are talking about the magnitude of the problem at hand (Arabs/Muslims) it is not funny.

    I have family that choose to practice Islam, something that our forefathers fought and died for them to have the right to do so, something that is a founding principle of this nation. Some of the females choose to accept the burka, so their beliefs are displayed in public. Many red blooded Americans would shoot you on the spot if you tried to tell them they couldn't "fly their colors". I have been with my Muslim family members in public and seen first hand, the indignities perpetrated upon them by some of these same red blooded Americans...kinda sad.
     
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
    Jack Straw likes this.
  17. bushpilot

    bushpilot

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2015
    Messages:
    3,240
    Likes Received:
    14,366
    Location:
    Eastern Washington
    Sorry to near that, there are idiots and bigots everywhere.