In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Alaskan mill first victim

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by bocefus78, May 7, 2016.

  1. bocefus78

    bocefus78

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    3,694
    Likes Received:
    19,840
    Location:
    Indiana
    This 20 inch sugar maple got wind downed at deer camp. Looks like the 066, mill, and all the chains I bought from shawn curry will finally eat some wood soon ;)

    Pics seem to not be uploading...maybe when I get home :(

    Shawn Curry expect some pm's; )
     
    Last edited: May 7, 2016
  2. Shawn Curry

    Shawn Curry

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2014
    Messages:
    3,755
    Likes Received:
    22,702
    Location:
    Western NY
    You must have got the storms they said we were gonna get here? Sorry about the tree, but :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

    Love me some maple. I hope my chains do a good job for you! :handshake:
     
  3. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,552
    Likes Received:
    141,600
    Location:
    US
    :popcorn:
    :whistle:
    I think it's great that Shawn Curry hooked you up with some chains...and that real feel tutorial at Dennis and Judy's was awesome:thumbs:
    And very well photo-documented:whistle:
    :yes:
    :rofl: :lol:
     
  4. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
  5. bocefus78

    bocefus78

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    3,694
    Likes Received:
    19,840
    Location:
    Indiana
    20160507_184533.jpg Trying again from the boonies
     
  6. bocefus78

    bocefus78

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2013
    Messages:
    3,694
    Likes Received:
    19,840
    Location:
    Indiana
    And since it worked....my better half 20160507_184728.jpg
     
  7. Shawn Curry

    Shawn Curry

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2014
    Messages:
    3,755
    Likes Received:
    22,702
    Location:
    Western NY
    I'm making the same face as the dog right now... :drool: :thumbs:
     
  8. Sean

    Sean

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2015
    Messages:
    2,873
    Likes Received:
    16,813
    Location:
    Kootenays, South Eastern BC Rockies Canada
    good lookin pooch!
    Edit: You can tell a well loved dog by the fact that they have tags. Good for you. My siberian husky tundra (avatar) always has her tags along with my cell phone number when she escapes. Ive had a few people tell me they made extra effort to get ahold of us because obviously our dog was well loved.
     
  9. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Yeah , Bentley is one cool dude :cool::)
    His dad is ok too :D
    More pics :popcorn:
     
  10. Sean

    Sean

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2015
    Messages:
    2,873
    Likes Received:
    16,813
    Location:
    Kootenays, South Eastern BC Rockies Canada
    Of that I have no doubt. I just wish I was closer to some of the fine folks Ive met here.
     
  11. NH mountain man

    NH mountain man

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2015
    Messages:
    6,408
    Likes Received:
    37,833
    Location:
    WMNF N.H.
    We wish you were too.:binoculars:
     
    Backwoods Savage, wildwest and Sean like this.