In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Zero and negative temps for the next week only mean one thing.....

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by slvrblkk, Jan 21, 2014.

  1. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    Out with the PTL's and in with the 'Sets and Tuman's....a quick vacuum and cleaning and back online. Did I mention I hate this cold chit?
     
    343amc, pell it, DexterDay and 2 others like this.
  2. IHATEPROPANE

    IHATEPROPANE

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2013
    Messages:
    4,677
    Likes Received:
    19,109
    I have Vermont's going right now and don't foresee any problems staying warm. :)
     
    jtakeman and slvrblkk like this.
  3. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    My co-worker went out to Michigan this week for "vacation". I texted him today and asked if he happened to drive by a Tractor Supply or something of the sorts to please stop in and see if they have any type of softies and to grab me some. I hope he comes back with something....although I hope it's nothing chitty....lol
     
  4. jtakeman

    jtakeman Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,312
    Likes Received:
    55,506
    Location:
    NW CT foothills
    PTL's doing OK, I might try riding them out. Supposed to warm by the week end. The cubex are on standby and prolly won't need them unless the temps go below -10°F.
     
    slvrblkk likes this.
  5. imacman

    imacman

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2013
    Messages:
    6,633
    Likes Received:
    27,528
    Location:
    Denver, NC
    Me too, on both counts. Not sure if these new Heat Resource aren't that great or what, but just got home and the house was down to 65....and the stove was on 7. Scooped them out & replaced with the TSC (Ligs) I used during the last "polar vortex"....we'll see what happens.

    I hate this chit too. :mad:
     
    slvrblkk and jtakeman like this.
  6. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    That would be disappointing if you had an oak pellet that you'd have to use as your "shoulders" :eek:
     
  7. jtakeman

    jtakeman Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,312
    Likes Received:
    55,506
    Location:
    NW CT foothills
    X2 Oak is one of the better fibers to make pellets out of. But not all pellets are created equal. If they aren't jam packing the dies to give a high density, They will be off on the heat department.

    I had hopes for them though. :confused:
     
  8. will711

    will711

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    10,270
    Likes Received:
    50,828
    Location:
    Pocono Mts.
    It can only mean one thing .... Move to Florida and hang out with our new fishing buddies :thumbs:
     
  9. subsailor

    subsailor

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    3,693
    Likes Received:
    14,973
    Location:
    Winthrop, Maine
    I didn't see any fish.:confused:
     
    eatonpcat, will711 and jtakeman like this.
  10. will711

    will711

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    10,270
    Likes Received:
    50,828
    Location:
    Pocono Mts.
    Me either:D
     
    eatonpcat likes this.
  11. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    Oh my.....I like the way you think....
     
    eatonpcat and will711 like this.
  12. imacman

    imacman

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2013
    Messages:
    6,633
    Likes Received:
    27,528
    Location:
    Denver, NC
    They break pretty easily. :(
     
  13. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    Loaded the Fahrenheit with Sets tonight. It's had a pretty steady diet of PTL'S since that last cold snap.
     
  14. Lousyweather

    Lousyweather

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2013
    Messages:
    2,798
    Likes Received:
    9,040
    dangit, Will, Im sitting here looking at this post of yours, and my gf walks in, sees me looking at that, and now thinks all I do is lookit stuff like that!!!!.....my only answer: I happen to LIKE mahi-mahi!
     
    will711 and slvrblkk like this.
  15. jtakeman

    jtakeman Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,312
    Likes Received:
    55,506
    Location:
    NW CT foothills
    Chester was a dud for us, Didn't get but 2" of white chit. Just enough to make things slick. My coworkes that live south got the brunt this time. My turn to giggle at them and their complaints of to much snow. I didn't even need to clean of my car this morning. While they had to shovel/snow blow 8 plus inches!! :D Cold as heck though. Woke up to a blustery 2ºF! :mad:

    PTL's did just fine, Kept the house at 72ºF without much struggle. :thumbs:
     
    brokenwing likes this.
  16. imacman

    imacman

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2013
    Messages:
    6,633
    Likes Received:
    27,528
    Location:
    Denver, NC
    Pretty much the same here. Got about 2" (maybe), and it's cold. 2* this morning and -15* w/ the wind chill. BRRRRR
     
    brokenwing and jtakeman like this.
  17. jtakeman

    jtakeman Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,312
    Likes Received:
    55,506
    Location:
    NW CT foothills
    Its 5°F and I'm not liking this chit! Feels like -20°F with the bit of wind were getting. :eek:

    Smoke, Stick another knife it that snowman. I don't tink he'd died yet! :mad:
     
    smoke show and slvrblkk like this.
  18. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    Cold outside and warm inside!!

    Love my pellet eater!!
     
  19. don2222

    don2222

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2013
    Messages:
    3,438
    Likes Received:
    4,874
    Location:
    Salem NH
    8 Deg F outside here but the new Feed Motor with new Capacitor on the old Quad Contour in the shed makes it start like it is Summer Time! ! !