I've been considering adding some premium viewing options. I have Netflix, HULU and prime. Now there is HBO to go and I can add stars or Showtime to prime Then there is the option of having it added through the TWC cable provider. Cost seem about the same. Anybody have these and can you suggest some pros and cons? thanks.
We tossed cable 3 years ago, we get by fine with just Netflix, Hulu, and Prime now. We were using my in-laws HBO subscription to get HBO GO for awhile, but all we watched was Game of Thrones. I had Showtime for 12 months free too when I had cable. We found we didn't watch the premium channels enough for it to be worth it.
I have the premium channels and rarely watch movies as most of them are old, maybe once/twice a month a newer movie will be on. Mostly get drawn into the series they produce, most recently Billions on HBO.
Netflix and Amazon Prime seem to have enough shows and movies to satisfy our viewing needs. A lot of the good shows on HBO seem to end up on them if you are patient.
Everything I want to watch on Prime I have to pay extra for. I don't care for that service. Also, it seems that none of my packages are two day shipping anymore so I am really wondering what exactly we are paying for.
I like Prime because I can download shows and movies on my phone so I have something to watch when there is no wifi.