In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Getting on a jet plane.........................

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by ironpony, Apr 12, 2016.

  1. ironpony

    ironpony

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,741
    Likes Received:
    20,753
    Location:
    Mid Ohio
    Listed the house again 2 weeks ago, have a contract and a back up contract on it :makeitrain". Closing scheduled for May 27 :dancer:. Booking one way ticket to St. Croix :vulture:. Finally going to start that firewood business :tree::axe::stacke::woodsign:.

    Do not worry I will be here regularly still, :handshake: you guys are the only friends I have.
     
  2. bogieb

    bogieb

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2015
    Messages:
    12,556
    Likes Received:
    76,362
    Location:
    New Hampshire
    Great news - congrats!
     
  3. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    Moving is hard to do. I'm sure you are determined to make it happen. I wish you well with your plans. I didn't know there was a market for firewood on ST.Croix
     
  4. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,645
    Likes Received:
    144,587
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Congrats!!!!
     
    Eric VW, Horkn and ironpony like this.
  5. ironpony

    ironpony

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,741
    Likes Received:
    20,753
    Location:
    Mid Ohio
    theres not it has been a joke around here. never gets below 74ish
     
    bogieb, Eric VW, Horkn and 5 others like this.
  6. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,645
    Likes Received:
    144,587
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Has your new home been being worked on, or will that happen once you get there?
     
    bogieb, Eric VW, Horkn and 1 other person like this.
  7. ironpony

    ironpony

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,741
    Likes Received:
    20,753
    Location:
    Mid Ohio
    not till we get there
     
    bogieb, Eric VW, Horkn and 1 other person like this.
  8. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    Is Otis moving too?????
     
    Eric VW, Horkn and wildwest like this.
  9. Smokinpiney

    Smokinpiney

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,811
    Likes Received:
    20,675
    Location:
    "South" Jersey
    Congrats! Wishing you the best of luck buddy
     
    Eric VW likes this.
  10. ironpony

    ironpony

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,741
    Likes Received:
    20,753
    Location:
    Mid Ohio

    Unfortunately Otis passed about a year ago. I wish he was going. I miss him :(.
     
    wildwest, bogieb, Horkn and 2 others like this.
  11. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    And you always will miss him. I always miss the ones that have left and often think of them. However, they were such good friends, and the right kind of friend, that I always seem to have a couple with me. Should I pass before the dogs do, my son will continue to care for them here.
     
  12. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    Wow, so sorry to hear that. R.I.P. Otis. Know how you feel, as I fear we are fast approaching the same scenario here as well.
     
  13. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,635
    Likes Received:
    130,578
    Location:
    Vermont
    Good for you @ironpony:yes: glad it is looking good for you... now the real question.. do you have visitors quarters for FHC guys that need a break? :whistle:
     
    wildwest, Chvymn99, Eric VW and 2 others like this.
  14. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    He's with you, ironpony. He's with you
     
    wildwest, rottiman, bogieb and 4 others like this.
  15. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,635
    Likes Received:
    130,578
    Location:
    Vermont

    x2
     
    wildwest, rottiman, Chvymn99 and 3 others like this.
  16. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,173
    Likes Received:
    166,453
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    You have to tell me if palm trees are any good for farwood! ;)

    I haven't found a chainsaw in the rental home here in Orlando. Searching Craigslist didn't get me much either.

    Congratulations!
     
    wildwest, bogieb, Chvymn99 and 2 others like this.
  17. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    Can't add much to this 'cos I can hardly see the screen.:tears:
    May the future hold Many blessings for you, IP.:thumbs:
     
    wildwest, rottiman, bogieb and 3 others like this.
  18. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    So we will finally get to know how many btu there is in a cord of palm tree!!!
     
  19. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,713
    Likes Received:
    224,343
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Congratulations ironpony . Nice.
    Will you be done working also?
     
    wildwest, Horkn, bogieb and 1 other person like this.
  20. ironpony

    ironpony

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,741
    Likes Received:
    20,753
    Location:
    Mid Ohio

    never done working, will scale back though, can only spend so much time diving
    there is a Home Depot on island, I may use my expertise there
     
    bogieb, wildwest, yooperdave and 2 others like this.