In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Hover board that can take you up to 10,000'... video

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Stinny, Apr 11, 2016.

  1. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    Not sure I'd want to "fly" this thing... but it's incredible that someone designed and built it.

     
  2. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,239
    Likes Received:
    97,549
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    I'm not sure I'm ready to go up to 10,000 feet with it!!:bug:
    it looks fun though:yes:
     
  3. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Looks like a lot of fun........over water for now. Really cool, very futuristic-amazing stuff.
     
  4. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    AH..............NO................I don't think so...................................:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
     
  5. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,239
    Likes Received:
    97,549
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    I've been telling Mrs. TD for years that I haven't had a toy that flies yet...:whistle:
    Maybe its time:dex:
     
  6. XXL

    XXL

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2014
    Messages:
    2,935
    Likes Received:
    15,702
    Location:
    Ontario, Canada
    You'd have to be high to go that high on that thing :smoke:
     
  7. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,652
    Likes Received:
    130,708
    Location:
    Vermont
    At 10,000 feet I would need oxygen and a heated suit... looks fun though!
     
  8. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,550
    Likes Received:
    141,578
    Location:
    US
    True that:eek:
    And that smiley is even holding a "left-handed" cigarette :rofl: :lol:
     
  9. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,239
    Likes Received:
    97,549
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    :picard:
    Oh, you Eric!
     
  10. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,550
    Likes Received:
    141,578
    Location:
    US
    That hover thingy......is.....awesome.......and.....not......for.......me:rofl: :lol:
     
  11. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    Nah, just sunscreen, trust me. ;)

    ...and now I'm thinking about hunting applications. Going from 9K to 12K in minutes, without hiking. Hmmmmmm....
     
  12. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,550
    Likes Received:
    141,578
    Location:
    US
    Don't forget a parachute for your rifle too....o_O
    :rofl: :lol:
     
  13. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,669
    Likes Received:
    144,696
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    WWW could have used that on a hunt in MT. :rofl: :lol: (topo maps looked like a steep hike.... turned out it was more like rock climbing with fully loaded pack, and add a strong thunderstorm followed by a day of rain). Very cool idea BK, and bring a drone to carry the pack?
     
  14. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,669
    Likes Received:
    144,696
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Cool, but spooky!
     
  15. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,985
    Likes Received:
    312,214
    Location:
    Central MI
    Too much of the video cut off. Makes one wonder what was in between those shots? Great idea though, although not at 10,000 feet!
     
  16. Star Gazer

    Star Gazer

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2015
    Messages:
    1,057
    Likes Received:
    4,358
    Location:
    Right behind you
    I'd want one, maybe two! It looks like one heck of a lot of fun. I'd bet I'd be up in the air ALL the time!

    I wonder if it can fly upside down! :hair:
     
    Backwoods Savage, Eric VW and Stinny like this.
  17. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,239
    Likes Received:
    97,549
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    That would come in handy for trimming those Spruces;)
     
  18. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    "I wonder if it can fly upside down!" ... yup, but just once... bring a dustpan... ;):D
     
  19. Star Gazer

    Star Gazer

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2015
    Messages:
    1,057
    Likes Received:
    4,358
    Location:
    Right behind you
    Oh heck yeah! Those or any other tree.
     
  20. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,731
    Likes Received:
    224,507
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Fuel tank? Could it even last long enough for 10,000'?
     
    Eric VW and Backwoods Savage like this.