In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Want to know your average temperatures ?

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by bogydave, Jan 19, 2014.

  1. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
    schlot likes this.
  2. BrianK

    BrianK

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,108
    Likes Received:
    11,113
    Location:
    West central PA
    I thought I was a weather junkie. I have my nightstand alarm clock set to the NWS channel. I wake up every morning to the synthetic voice dude doing the NOAA weather forecast loop.

    But I bow to you. You are the penultimate FHC image.jpg
     
  3. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    penultimate :
    1. next to the last
    n
    2. anything that is next to the last,


    Looked it up
    Still don't know if that's good or bad
     
  4. BrianK

    BrianK

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,108
    Likes Received:
    11,113
    Location:
    West central PA
    Hmmm... I never looked it up before.

    Inigo Montoya was right:


    There's probably some word out there that does mean what I thought that word meant...and that word is what I meant.
     
  5. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    I think your right Brian , bogy is a weather man at heart. I think if we were to look at his original posts at least 25% would be weather related. I believe we should have a FHC weather related knickname made for him.
     
    BrianK likes this.
  6. fox9988

    fox9988

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,710
    Likes Received:
    8,287
    Location:
    NW Arkansas 72717
    Hmmm...Weather.com says record local low is -9F, multiple other sources say -24F :confused:
     
  7. DaveGunter

    DaveGunter

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    3,894
    Likes Received:
    22,936
    Location:
    Far Away Ranch, Meadowbrook Forest
    Graphed data won't show on my iPad only table display.
     
  8. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,274
    Likes Received:
    66,603
    Location:
    IN
    109 / -25. Weren't too far off both records last year.
     
  9. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Zap (AKA thewoodlands) & I keep an keen eye on the short & long term weather forecasts.
    & sometimes they're right :)

    Fun hobby & helps us decide what wood we need to have ready to burn. (I might choose birch) :)

    In my next life I'll be a "Greens keeper" , & mow grass. Less stress :)
    Weather men get hollered at when they're wrong :confused:.