In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

DIY plumbing escapades, success and ooops

Discussion in 'The DIY Room' started by wildwest, Mar 30, 2016.

  1. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,550
    Likes Received:
    141,578
    Location:
    US
    I was wondering the same thing too, Tim...
     
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    wildwest and TurboDiesel like this.
  2. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,669
    Likes Received:
    144,696
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    I just googled "brazed", if that is like heat and solder, no. It is threaded. Somehow when I threaded the hoses back on I did not have leaks either!
     
    TurboDiesel likes this.
  3. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,239
    Likes Received:
    97,549
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    lol :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::thumbs:
    :handshake:
     
    Eric VW and wildwest like this.
  4. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,669
    Likes Received:
    144,696
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    And there is my SUCCESS!! I have 2 of you laughing:)
     
  5. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,550
    Likes Received:
    141,578
    Location:
    US
    :thumbs:
     
    wildwest likes this.
  6. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,669
    Likes Received:
    144,696
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    CBVT, I remember that post. Some people:rolleyes:
     
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    Canadian border VT and Eric VW like this.
  7. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,239
    Likes Received:
    97,549
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    this copper tube is a permanent part of the faucet. brass theaded end is also part of the faucet.
    is the screen in the brass end where the chrome nut is being threaded up on in this pic? making the screen a permanent part of the faucet also?
    upload_2016-3-30_22-47-13.png
     
    Eric VW and wildwest like this.
  8. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,239
    Likes Received:
    97,549
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    close...needs to be in bold also....:rofl: :lol:

    :p

    :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
     
    Eric VW and wildwest like this.
  9. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,669
    Likes Received:
    144,696
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Better pics, I have no jargon or terminology for this, except I do not see copper pipes......(?) This is from under the sink, cold water supply

    IMG_20160330_205802208.jpg

    This is closer up on the ss/brass w screen/chrome or SS

    IMG_20160330_205710894.jpg

    The clog was in the screen inside the brass (?) fitting, not in the chrome or the SS braided hose. I really hope this makes more sense, I know I am hard to understand. Yep, WWW has had 25 years of this from me :eek:
     
    milleo, papadave and Eric VW like this.
  10. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,669
    Likes Received:
    144,696
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    And yes, I left a lot of marks on the fittings trying to use pliers before the wrenches :emb:
     
    papadave and Eric VW like this.
  11. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,550
    Likes Received:
    141,578
    Location:
    US
    Looks like it's some kind of hybrid that wildwest has. Same basic principle I believe.....
    Better?
    :rofl: :lol:
     
    wildwest likes this.
  12. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,550
    Likes Received:
    141,578
    Location:
    US
    wildwest, what brand/make is the faucet?
     
    TurboDiesel and wildwest like this.
  13. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,550
    Likes Received:
    141,578
    Location:
    US
    Fixed it, TurboDiesel.
    :rofl: :lol:
    :whistle:
     
    wildwest and TurboDiesel like this.
  14. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,239
    Likes Received:
    97,549
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    beat me to it

    ???
     
    wildwest and Eric VW like this.
  15. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    ww, I'm laughing too, but quietly in the background, and with you....not at you. :rofl: :lol:
    You don't happen to know my wife, do you? Womanspeak needs some cipherin'. I'm gettin' gooder at that, and it's only taken me since '92.:picard:
    You folks carry on....I'll be over here with a smile on my face.:D
     
    Stinny, wildwest and Eric VW like this.
  16. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    I put a new faucet in the kitchen when we moved here, and it started running real slow last year.
    I tried taking it apart, soaking it in vinegar, cleaning the screen, thinking it may be in the shutoff...........
    Decided to just try a new one (inexpensive, as we'll be redoing the kitchen at some point). Evidently, somewhere inside the old one was clogged, because the new one has great pressure.
    When in doubt, throw it out.:dex::rofl: :lol:
     
    basod, milleo, Stinny and 2 others like this.
  17. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,239
    Likes Received:
    97,549
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    I'm laughing at Eric, not WW...
    I'm totally serious when I'm plumbing
     
    wildwest, papadave and Eric VW like this.
  18. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,550
    Likes Received:
    141,578
    Location:
    US
    I'm totally serious about MY plumbing around 6 am every morning.......
    :whistle:
    :rofl: :lol:
     
    Stinny, wildwest and papadave like this.
  19. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    This would be TMI.
    If you start posting pics, because of the pic rule we have, I'm out.:rofl: :lol:

    That's weird....I'm usually laughing at Eric.:D
     
  20. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,239
    Likes Received:
    97,549
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    I have a fairly new faucet in the kitchen and it will thump a couple times each time I turn it on. When it thumps the stream of water is interrupted at the same time. It runs wide open but I don't know what the thump is. I may be the pressure filling the hose to the sprayer but I really don't know.
    I guess I could call a plumber .....:whistle: