In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

2/6/2010

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by thewoodlands, Mar 24, 2016.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    We had bought this load in 2010 so we could get ahead on our better wood inventory, this had more Beech than anything, we burned the last of it this year.

    I was telling Backwoods Savage that this is the first year we don't have 20 f/c of Cherry up, most of it is Sugar Maple, Beech and some Yellow Birch which is fine.

    The load we bought ended up putting us three years ahead, I'm glad we did it.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,241
    Likes Received:
    97,575
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    those are some beautiful btu's, thewoodlands!!
     
  3. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    How's Brian doing?
     
    Horkn, Eric VW and TurboDiesel like this.
  4. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    I remember that zap.
    How time flies.
     
    Eric VW and Horkn like this.
  5. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,762
    Likes Received:
    224,754
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    I've got to ask you now.
    When you processed that load back in '10, did you actually think it would be 6 years before you got to burn it or were you thinking more like 3 years?
     
    Backwoods Savage and papadave like this.
  6. Babaganoosh

    Babaganoosh

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2015
    Messages:
    1,137
    Likes Received:
    3,828
    Location:
    Jersey Shore
    I keep thinking that maybe I'll buy a log load and work it. Get a few years done in one shot. However I've been having good luck with Craigslist and side of the road scores that I'm now almost 3 years ahead. It probably helps that I'm out of work at 1pm so I can get to the stuff while everyone else is working.

    Those piles sure look tempting too.
     
    Backwoods Savage and Elvisss222 like this.
  7. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    More like 3, not much air was needed once it took off.
     
    yooperdave and Locust Post like this.