In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday
  1. brokenwing

    brokenwing

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2013
    Messages:
    644
    Likes Received:
    1,701
    Location:
    Northern MD, Near the PA LIne
    Just a quick question, I have been pondering. I have searched the manual, but nothing is stated. The Regency GC60 has a stirrer rod, which runs every 30 minutes to clean the burn pot. This is chain driven, so my question do I need to put any lubricant on the chain? My only concern would be the dust, and dirt would collect on the chain. This is the 2nd year of running the stove, so I should of asked a while back, but life happens, and chit gets in the way.
     
  2. eatonpcat

    eatonpcat

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    10,298
    Likes Received:
    58,656
    Location:
    Eaton Township, OH
    Never oiled my M55...But I don't know if we should be or not!!
     
    brokenwing likes this.
  3. imacman

    imacman

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2013
    Messages:
    6,633
    Likes Received:
    27,529
    Location:
    Denver, NC
    My cpm has a chain driven stirrer too, and that runs a little during every pellet dump (maybe 20 degrees rotation). I've had the stove for over 4 years, and only put some oil on it once after 2nd year. Still works fine, no noises.

    Owners manual doesn't mention lubing the chain either....I'd say as long as it looks/feels a little oily, you're good to go.
     
    brokenwing likes this.
  4. jtakeman

    jtakeman Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,318
    Likes Received:
    55,530
    Location:
    NW CT foothills
    I bought chain lube for mine. I found a tight spot in my chain and it was making a thumping noise every so often. I soaked it in the lube to free it up. Wiped off all the excess with a clean lint free rag. Works like new again.

    So I added it to my yearly routine. IMHO s little lube will help more than it can hurt as long as its used properly.
     
    brokenwing likes this.
  5. subsailor

    subsailor

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    3,693
    Likes Received:
    14,973
    Location:
    Winthrop, Maine
    Does the Mrs. agree with this statement?:eek:
     
  6. jtakeman

    jtakeman Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,318
    Likes Received:
    55,530
    Location:
    NW CT foothills
    If it moves lube it! :D
     
  7. brokenwing

    brokenwing

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2013
    Messages:
    644
    Likes Received:
    1,701
    Location:
    Northern MD, Near the PA LIne
    :whistle:Should I comment any further! Hmmm maybe I will say thanks for the responses, and leave it at that.
     
    eatonpcat and jtakeman like this.
  8. jtakeman

    jtakeman Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,318
    Likes Received:
    55,530
    Location:
    NW CT foothills
    Well, We usually give more than asked. o_O What you do with the extra info is up to you! :D

    :whistle:

    You didn't expect a bunch of:drunk:to stay on track did ya? :p
     
    brokenwing, eatonpcat and imacman like this.