WWW dug out his favorite trap shooting book. Lil one has been shooting with him many times now, not sure how much she understood, but she seemed to like what he was reading............
I vaguely remember similar bedtime stories.......... before the codeine kicked in. I slept well also.
I always enjoyed reading to my children (and anyone elses for that matter). I would come home from a long hot day of work ready to relax for 15-20 minutes and there in the door would be my daughter with her blanket and a stack of books waiting for me to read to her! How could you say no to that?? Up on the couch we would sit and she would sit as tight as she could next to me while I read all the selections of the day. Inevitably, I would drift off and start falling asleep and she would "nudge" me to get me re-started!! I'll have to give her a call and ask if she remembers all that! Thanks for the memories!!!
Did the same with mine from a very early age. None of it was about trap shooting though. They're both voracious readers now.