In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Android phone, all camera pictures gone??

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by HDRock, Mar 9, 2016.

  1. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    I tried to access the pictures with the gallery and they weren't loading very well, closed everything turn the phone off and back on, and all the camera pictures were gone, downloads, Bluetooth and other folders I created with pictures are all there but nothing from the camera.
    I think they're gone forever.
    I copied all the pictures from it onto the PC 3 or 4 months ago but had taken quite a few pictures since then.
    Where did they go:(:mad::hair::wacky:
     
    wildwest likes this.
  2. concretegrazer

    concretegrazer

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,429
    Likes Received:
    12,455
    Location:
    Southwest MO
    Hook it up to your pc and look for them.
     
    bobdog2o02 and wildwest like this.
  3. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    I did they're not there
     
    wildwest likes this.
  4. concretegrazer

    concretegrazer

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,429
    Likes Received:
    12,455
    Location:
    Southwest MO
    wildwest and HDRock like this.
  5. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    Did you try looking in your "settings" for "storage" section? It has a "pictures" section that will list how much room is taken up by pictures. Mine shows 3gb taken up by my pictures.
     
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    wildwest likes this.
  6. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Pictures , videos 5.39 mb probably was about 800 to 1000 pics on it before
     
    wildwest likes this.
  7. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    Hmm, I'd talk to your provider to see if there is something they can do. I used an undelete app recently but it didn't help me. Sorry I can't help more.
     
    wildwest and HDRock like this.
  8. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Does it have a micro sd card in it?
     
    wildwest likes this.
  9. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Most of the pics on it have already been put in the proper place and folder on my NAS ,but were just not deleted from the phone , still was some I wanted .
    I hate this crap when this tec screws up like this , I wanna throw it up against the dam wall.
     
    wildwest and concretegrazer like this.
  10. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    wildwest likes this.
  11. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    My phone's calendar went blank this week. All gone. Not near as valuable as pics but plenty annoying.
    I feel for ya
     
    wildwest and HDRock like this.
  12. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Try removing the sd card and putting it in your pc and then check the DCIM folder.
     
  13. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    All the pics I have taken in the last 3 4 months are the important ones FIREWOOD STUFF :D:rofl: :lol:
     
    wildwest, TurboDiesel and schlot like this.
  14. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Ok , first :pete::cheers: ;)
     
    wildwest and concretegrazer like this.
  15. Babaganoosh

    Babaganoosh

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2015
    Messages:
    1,137
    Likes Received:
    3,828
    Location:
    Jersey Shore
    That's happened to me on android before. They eventually all came back. If they come back I'd back them up asap and start saving "to the cloud!" because my phone bricked a few weeks after that started happening.
     
    HDRock, wildwest and TurboDiesel like this.
  16. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Screen shot, I never saw this before
    Screenshot_2016-03-09-20-17-13-1.png
     
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    wildwest likes this.
  17. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    put the card in the PC
    I found some pictures in the file called thumbnails, in DCIM, definitely not all the pictures I had on the phone though.
    Camera has one picture in it that I took after this happened
     
    wildwest likes this.
  18. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,283
    Likes Received:
    66,652
    Location:
    IN
    Remove and reinstall the micro SD card.
     
    wildwest likes this.
  19. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Did that :)
     
    wildwest and Eric VW like this.
  20. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    I feel your pain, HDRock...Hope you get all them pics back, bud.
     
    wildwest and HDRock like this.