In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

cool to see "happy birthday to me " top message line!!

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by clemsonfor, Mar 7, 2015.

  1. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    It was a ZTE supreme/vital. I'd have to look to see the android version it was running?
     
    Horkn likes this.
  2. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    The other one loved auto correcting words for me and then a space and an extra "g" in there??? For example it would say " what are you guys going g to do today"?? It happened all the time. Look though some of my posts from the last few years and you will see what I am talking about. I tried to correct them but didn't catch all of Them. You may even know what km talking about.

    This phone has the swipe keyboard and I get to typing fast and it thinks I am swiping g ...There is The extra "g"!! This phone does not do it half as often? But back to what I was saying I will get to typing fast and it thinks I am swiping and capatalize the first letter then space after the second and let me type the rest of the word. So you might see something like this ... Th E or Th at is a common one now?
     
    wildwest and Horkn like this.
  3. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,179
    Likes Received:
    166,490
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin

    4.12 jelly bean it's what it came with. It never appeared to get much updated, system wise.

    Also, remember that it's garbage in. Garbage out. So, mess up once, and you start the slippery slope. Newer Android updates can unlearn bad habits better than the old Android systems.

    My mom has an old Galaxy s2. She broke Google so badly. I have to break out the Rosetta Stone to decipher what the hell she says.
     
  4. concretegrazer

    concretegrazer

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,429
    Likes Received:
    12,455
    Location:
    Southwest MO
    My LG has been overactive on the autocorrect since its last update. So I'm finally feeling your pain.

    And happy birthday.
     
    Chvymn99, clemsonfor and wildwest like this.
  5. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    This S5 sometimes just leaves the word, and it does not even have to be that bad miss spelled for it to leave it either. I always can't believe sometimes it does not correct somethings. Now the old one if it was just something totally jacked up it would leave it say if uou typed something like this...gettinghshjrc ...it would just leave it as this phone did.
     
    concretegrazer and wildwest like this.
  6. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,669
    Likes Received:
    144,701
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    None of that matters, we all know what you are saying and love your input here!
     
  7. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,669
    Likes Received:
    144,701
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Except Horkn , her breaking the internet reminds me of a rambling spam on the end of one of my fathers texts and the dammyouautocorrect messages :rofl: :lol:
     
  8. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    I see my last post had a typo in it "uou" instead of "you"
     
    wildwest likes this.
  9. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,669
    Likes Received:
    144,701
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Are uous getting more sleep now that your lil one is a bit older?
     
  10. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    Yes. He started sleeping well about a year ago. But then about Thanksgiving he got a terrible ear ache and had like 5 rounds of antibiotics. And he stopped sleeping well because of that and it became habbit. But we're now back in a sleep routine. We also have him trained to settle better when he wakes.
     
  11. Barcroftb

    Barcroftb

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2015
    Messages:
    3,160
    Likes Received:
    18,626
    Location:
    The Mitten
    Im the worst at keeping up with the birthdays. Happy belated birthday bro!
     
  12. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,652
    Likes Received:
    130,709
    Location:
    Vermont

    x2, does that make me worser?
     
  13. Barcroftb

    Barcroftb

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2015
    Messages:
    3,160
    Likes Received:
    18,626
    Location:
    The Mitten
    I think the correct conjugation is worserer.:D
     
  14. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,524
    Likes Received:
    95,590
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Really got me confused because I didn't realize this was an old thread and I didn't remember saying Happy Birthday to Clemsonfor except on the Happy Birthday thread.

    I really hope you had a Happy Birthday this year 2016.
     
  15. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    Haha yea I did. I am not sure how this thing was dug up. I think someone dug it up and hit like as there was no new posts when I saw it . I had not liked some posts so I did and I think that is what got someone to reply first as they saw it pop up as a notification cause of my "like"?

    Anyway. Thanks.
     
    wildwest and Canadian border VT like this.
  16. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Yep, I saw it pop up as a notification cause of your "like" :smoke:
     
    wildwest and clemsonfor like this.