In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Ice Jam.........

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by thewoodlands, Mar 5, 2016.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    in the Brook, I hope this warmer weather takes care of it. 100_9915.JPG
     

    Attached Files:

  2. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    It's just a matter of time...............
     
    wildwest, thewoodlands and Eric VW like this.
  3. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    Come on warm weather!
     
    wildwest, thewoodlands and papadave like this.
  4. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,717
    Likes Received:
    224,378
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    :bug:

    That's not the nice brook we are used to!
     
  5. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    The area in the big picture is the area I usually cut in during the summer when a big Hemlock comes down.
     
  6. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,514
    Likes Received:
    95,531
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    What a mess. I hope this doesn't cause problems for your property elsewhere.
     
  7. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI

    Don't think he will have a problem but some of his neighbor will... His home is high and dry and a beautiful place he has too!
     
    Loon, thewoodlands, papadave and 2 others like this.
  8. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    This is the forecast for Wednesday night, with three days above freezing it should clear out the jam in the picture,
    It's not near the house but it does take some of that bank away.

    I'll be checking it again tomorrow, I'm thinking by Wednesday afternoon most of that will be gone.
     
  9. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    It's still all jammed up, I'm hoping it clears by Wednesday afternoon.
     
    Backwoods Savage and yooperdave like this.
  10. mike bayerl

    mike bayerl

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2014
    Messages:
    3,924
    Likes Received:
    22,456
    Location:
    Central PA
    Cool photos!
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  11. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I didn't get back to check this out today but my wife said a bunch of the ice cleared out.