In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday
  1. subsailor

    subsailor

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    3,693
    Likes Received:
    14,973
    Location:
    Winthrop, Maine
    Filled the stove before heading to work this morning. Wife called asking if the stove was supposed to be out.
    Uh, no. Any blinking lights? Yes, 5 times. Crap. Told her to turn the stove off and wait a minute and turn it back on. I figured the stove was shutting down then called for heat and when it started feeding it smothered the fire. She turned it back on and nothing. WTF? So I leave home and rush home. Turn the stove on, nothing. Put it in Test, blowers come on and it starts feeding pellets. Turn it back on, nothing. WTF????? Open the hopper and hopper is full (duh, I just filled it). Closed the hopper and the stove started. Then it hit me. When I filled the stove, in my haste, I closed the hopper latch as I was closing the lid but the latch closed first, preventing the stove from starting. Idiot.
     
    brokenwing, jtakeman, Hoot23 and 2 others like this.
  2. jtakeman

    jtakeman Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,312
    Likes Received:
    55,506
    Location:
    NW CT foothills
    You know what they say, Chit happens. Glad you figured it out without too much fuss.

    We've all made a few boo boo's. Did I ever tell ya the time I tore my whole stove apart cause I didn't have the stat turned on? :emb:
     
  3. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    I tore my whole Fahrenheit down thinking there was a problem one day. Auger wouldn't turn.... I had the hopper lid open the entire time. Duh..

    Glad you got it figure and heat is pumping again!!sometimes it's good for these small things to happen. Keeps us sharp and on our feet. Likely to never forget that one again :)
     
    jtakeman, brokenwing and slvrblkk like this.
  4. imacman

    imacman

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2013
    Messages:
    6,633
    Likes Received:
    27,528
    Location:
    Denver, NC
    Been there, "duhed" that. :confused:
     
    brokenwing and DexterDay like this.
  5. brokenwing

    brokenwing

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2013
    Messages:
    644
    Likes Received:
    1,701
    Location:
    Northern MD, Near the PA LIne
    Not pellet related, but we all have our moments. This weekend I was butchering a deer, started up the grinder and nothing. After messing with it, I called a family member to borrow his. After he dropped it off, I went back to look at mine cause it was bothering me. Guess what I did, Grinder does not work if you do not put the blade in:mad: I was so mad at myself, but now I can laugh.
     
    gbreda, will711, imacman and 2 others like this.
  6. subsailor

    subsailor

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    3,693
    Likes Received:
    14,973
    Location:
    Winthrop, Maine
    It's still deer season down there??????
     
    brokenwing likes this.
  7. 343amc

    343amc

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,749
    Likes Received:
    5,770
    Location:
    Northeast Lower Michigan
    Did the same thing when I first hooked the thermostat to my old 6041. It ran, just wouldn't go off low. Whoops. Makes a big difference when the switch on the stat is in the 'heat' position.

    Since the confessional is open, here is my stupid move of the season. Not long after I fired the pellet furnace up for the season I noticed it wasn't moving as much air as I thought it should. I didn't think much of it until a week later. I bought a new air filter for it and that's when I noticed I hadn't removed my home brew block off plate from the cold air return housing. I made up a plate out of thin steel that slides into the cold air return on the Fahrenheit in front of the air filter so return air doesn't get sucked from the basement when the AC is running in the summer. Not much air would get sucked through there anyways, but if figured it wouldn't hurt.

    Anyways, when that was inserted the Fahrenheit was pulling return air through the ventilation slots on the back of the furnace. It was breathing, but not very well. Needless to say the air flow got a lot better when I removed it after realizing it was still in there.

    I added 'remove block off plate from cold air return' to my fall furnace startup check list.
     
    jtakeman, imacman, brokenwing and 2 others like this.
  8. brokenwing

    brokenwing

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2013
    Messages:
    644
    Likes Received:
    1,701
    Location:
    Northern MD, Near the PA LIne
    Ya deer season runs into January here. I did not shoot this one, I had a farmer give me and my uncle 4 deer!
     
    subsailor likes this.
  9. Lousyweather

    Lousyweather

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2013
    Messages:
    2,798
    Likes Received:
    9,040
    don't get me started on the fixing stuff thing.....other day, pouring rain, I pulled next to the mailbox. let the window down, the freaking window wouldn't go back up...at all. Tore into the door (bit of a chore- 2000 Camry), checked motor, regulator, all good.....I work retail, not a lot of time....found a brioken wire in the wire harness to the driver door.....will fix Friday, but after my monkeying around,now the dang doorlocks wont lock or unlock......jeez.....I wanna live in a cave, kill stuff to eat, try to stay warm, and find prospective mates with my club.....
     
  10. imacman

    imacman

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2013
    Messages:
    6,633
    Likes Received:
    27,528
    Location:
    Denver, NC
    :rofl: :lol:
     
  11. SmokeyTheBear

    SmokeyTheBear

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2013
    Messages:
    8,324
    Likes Received:
    39,419
    Location:
    Standish, ME
    'bout time ya got somewhat of a clue, just 'member no remote controlled electrically operated club.
     
    jtakeman likes this.
  12. subsailor

    subsailor

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    3,693
    Likes Received:
    14,973
    Location:
    Winthrop, Maine
    :drool:
     
    brokenwing likes this.