I found a little free time today and was able to split some wood. No snow on the ground and it was warm today. It's been an easy winter so far compared to the past few. Black Locust I split today. About a dozen more BL rounds to go then two rows of soft maple. Ash I split a weekend or two back.
The splitter was put away, that red handled thing was just used for separating rounds that froze together.
Finished up this morning. Small pile in front is all bark, that stuff is thick! Probably about a cord worth.
Good work rdust. Looks like this warm weather is going to come to a stop very soon though so enjoy it while you can. I was thinking about you yesterday. Perhaps I can con you into some help in a month or so. I want to get a bunch of logs out to get ready for the gtg in April. I'll get back with you on this one.