In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Ran a tank through the splitter today

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by rdust, Feb 6, 2016.

  1. rdust

    rdust

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2013
    Messages:
    1,195
    Likes Received:
    5,679
    Location:
    SE, Michigan
    I found a little free time today and was able to split some wood. No snow on the ground and it was warm today. It's been an easy winter so far compared to the past few.

    Black Locust I split today.
    image.jpeg

    About a dozen more BL rounds to go then two rows of soft maple.
    image.jpeg

    Ash I split a weekend or two back.
    image.jpeg
     
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  2. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,173
    Likes Received:
    166,458
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    You must be out of gas because I see nothing requiring fuel. Just that red handled thing.

    :eek::rofl: :lol:
     
  3. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,951
    Likes Received:
    52,505
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Maybe that red handled thing runs on chili
     
  4. rdust

    rdust

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2013
    Messages:
    1,195
    Likes Received:
    5,679
    Location:
    SE, Michigan
    The splitter was put away, that red handled thing was just used for separating rounds that froze together. :)
     
  5. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    I've got that same red handled thing in my shed......
     
  6. concretegrazer

    concretegrazer

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,429
    Likes Received:
    12,455
    Location:
    Southwest MO
    Some good size splits in there. :axe:
     
  7. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,173
    Likes Received:
    166,458
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin

    Gooder!

    That's a bit of work with hydro's. With an axe/ maul that would've been a lot of work.
     
  8. mike bayerl

    mike bayerl

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2014
    Messages:
    3,924
    Likes Received:
    22,456
    Location:
    Central PA
    Good for you! :thumbs: I'm jealous, we're still waiting for the snow from"Jonas" to melt.
     
  9. rdust

    rdust

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2013
    Messages:
    1,195
    Likes Received:
    5,679
    Location:
    SE, Michigan
    Finished up this morning. Small pile in front is all bark, that stuff is thick!
    Probably about a cord worth.
    image.jpeg
     
  10. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,173
    Likes Received:
    166,458
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    Great job!

    I need to get over to my buddy's and at least do some splitting.
     
    1964 262 6 and Eric VW like this.
  11. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    Good work rdust. Looks like this warm weather is going to come to a stop very soon though so enjoy it while you can. I was thinking about you yesterday. Perhaps I can con you into some help in a month or so. I want to get a bunch of logs out to get ready for the gtg in April. I'll get back with you on this one.
     
    1964 262 6 likes this.
  12. rdust

    rdust

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2013
    Messages:
    1,195
    Likes Received:
    5,679
    Location:
    SE, Michigan
    Sounds fun just let me know!
     
  13. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    Will do and I do think we could have some fun and get something done at the same time.
     
    1964 262 6 likes this.