I had moved in some nice fill to this area for the barn and got it flattened out nice. Took a lot of time and work with the Kubota to get the big rocks layed down where I wanted them. And then the medium sized ones in between them. And then the smaller ones and dirt all filled in between and over the top. Came out pretty nice. Then I was able to get some more fill. Starting by coming up from the back side through a small road I'm building from back side of barn pad around to camp road. I needed to punch through the back to get to a space I had them leave me in the middle.
Break on through to the other side! I got into the middle and started putting the most dry stuff I could find on the road I can up. Then had to keep pushing the sloppy mud down off the back. Then realized just how wet the rain was making my road I was pushing it onto. I was basically then trapping myself in. To wet to get out back side and lots of piles on the front side! Add dry stuff, to try to help, and make deeper mud. But I have been able to make some real progress on back side and break on through the front side.
The rain I was working in this morning did not help. Hopefully this afternoon I will have time before more rain comes to just flatten out all the areas I have leveled so that when it freezes it will be fairly smooth to work on.
Too sloppy. I almost sank the tractor beyond getting it out. But with a combination of backhoe and loader maneuvering I slowly walked it out. Quiting time. LOL
Thanks! Me too! I got a lot of loader work to do. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. I think tomorrow will be to warm and muddy. So I'll probably wait till it freezes up so I can get around without sinking.
No! LOL I'm always motivated to work with machinery. I finally had some time to work on it! I've been working on too many things lately and have had no time. But, I can't even believe the work I've been able to get done on this project with "winter" being here. Did not expect to be this far along. I need to remind myself this is a Firewood Hoarder's Club. I don't have my firewood all cut for next year yet!
Yep, winter is my wood cutting season. I've been busy getting mine cut and hauled. Yeah, it's crazy that you've been even able to dig into the dirt in "winter".