In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

LUCKY S.O.B. – CHAINSAW VS. FIRE HOSE PANTS

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by BrianK, Jan 8, 2014.

  1. BrianK

    BrianK

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,108
    Likes Received:
    11,113
    Location:
    West central PA
    LUCKY S.O.B. – CHAINSAW VS. FIRE HOSE PANTS

    http://blog.duluthtrading.com/lucky...ym_rid=1091742&mboxSession=T14C006-9991091742

    By duluth trading company
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Not a scratch!
    Our lawyers would never let us say our Fire Hose® Work Pants are tough enough to stop a chainsaw, but time and again we get letters from guys thanking us for saving their leg (or their life). We couldn’t resist sharing the latest death-defying feat of Fire Hose fabric as we embark on our official workwear sponsorship for the 2014 STIHL® TIMBERSPORTS® Series.

    But before we do, don’t try this at home. ALWAYS wear chaps when operating a chainsaw, even when wearing Fire Hose Work Pants, because even though this guy got lucky our pants are not designed to stop a chainsaw.

    I was cutting down a large pine tree that was threatening to fall and planned to use the top for our Christmas tree. I had my trusty STIHL MS311 chainsaw, helmet, gloves, and Entex cut-retardant chainsaw chaps. After cutting for 30 minutes, I disrobed to help clear some branches before starting back to work.

    When I returned to cutting, I foolishly forgot to put my chain-stop chaps back on. Sure enough, a branch snapped back and drove the full-speed chainsaw right into my leg. I felt my pants tug and the chainsaw cut out.

    I dreaded looking down for fear of seeing a bloody mess. Much to my surprise, the chain was wrapped up in my Fire Hose Pants and when I lifted the pants to check my knee there wasn’t even a scratch. I know these pants aren’t designed to stop chainsaws, and I know you don’t write guarantees to cover stupidity, but I need to thank you for saving my leg. I’ll never again fire up that chainsaw without my chainsaw chaps, and I’ll never again be without a pair of Duluth Trading Fire Hose Work Pants.

    Thanks, Sean L.
     
  2. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Just got a coupon code in the mail for up to $10 off firehose pants.
     
  3. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    Been wearing them for 4 years now. Fantastic, wear like iron. I have the logger style which has the double ply front legs. Highly recommend these. I have found Duluth sells some mighty fine work-wear products.
     
  4. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Waiting for a decent sale and I will pick up a few more pairs of their everyday twill pants.
     
  5. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Interesting, Never tried them..... I do wear chaps when I cut though.
     
  6. ironpony

    ironpony

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,745
    Likes Received:
    20,786
    Location:
    Mid Ohio
    have some of thier products, want to try a pair of those pants. I reccomend trying thier butt naked underware, most comfortable I have ever had.
     
  7. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    I get more comfort from their Ball Room jeans, too...................................LOL
     
    fox9988 likes this.
  8. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    They shortened the zippers on their pants, makes it tough to drain the lizard.
     
  9. BrianK

    BrianK

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,108
    Likes Received:
    11,113
    Location:
    West central PA
    Bastages!