In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Baked Apples

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by thewoodlands, Jan 27, 2016.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    The wife made a few Baked Apples, they were very good. Core the Apple and take off the skin on the top part of the Apple.

    1. Cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon
    2. Brown Sugar 4 Tablespoons
    3. Butter
    4. A little water in the bottom, bake at 375 for 40 minutes.
    5. Whip Cream

    Sort of like this, Baked Apples Recipe

    I'll have the directions tomorrow.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,512
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Oh yea, I haven't had those in a coons age.....I'll be right up Zap.
     
  3. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    After what he did to those cinnamon rolls, you really think there'll be any of these left?
    :rofl: :lol:
     
    Gasifier, rottiman and Well Seasoned like this.
  4. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    I wonder if these can be made in a small cast iron pan covered in foil on the stove top. Full on apple smell in the house.

    I'm actually planting this in everyone's head since I can't cook on the stove top.
     
    Gasifier, rottiman and Well Seasoned like this.
  5. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    I do those, only in the microwave for about 4 min. Some times I add some pear with them. So simple, quick and delicious.
     
    Gasifier and Well Seasoned like this.
  6. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,737
    Likes Received:
    224,511
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Sounds and looks good!

    But I can imagine that the aroma is the best!
     
    Gasifier and Well Seasoned like this.
  7. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Looks awesome Woody! Too bad I just ate a 12" pancake, cause I have apples. But this weekend, im gonna see if Dawn can make it. :drool:
     
    Gasifier and rottiman like this.
  8. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    :rofl: :lol: Ya. I'll save ya one L.P. Ba Ha Ha Ha Ha :rofl: :lol:
     
    Well Seasoned, savemoney and papadave like this.
  9. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    You can also drizzle some real maple syrup on top. Warm it up first, you will love it.
     
    MikeSs, Well Seasoned and Gasifier like this.