My step dad and I both buy from Lucky13bullets.com( Lucky13 Cast Bullets LLC ) a year or so ago they started offering coated bullets he bought some and loved them. No lube= no smoke or less smoke like factory ammo. Zombie13 Coated Bullets : Lucky13 Cast Bullets LLC There "zombie bullets " or zombie 13 bullets. I am liking how they load and they look way cool. I have only watched him shoot them but he uses them in IDPA matches and they work for him. I think there only like $5/500 more. Lucky13 always has a discount code good for 5% off and their price includes shipping. There about the cheapest place I have found. I use to use missouri bullet and if you order thousands of bullets each time like 3-5 they may be cheaper but if you order like 1500 or so each time usually lucky13 is cheaper. Also their site may say out of stock but they make many items for oder as there small and I dont think keep a huge inventory. Longest I have waited I think was 10-14 days. Sometimes when it said back ordered or whatever I still had them in 3 days.
Are they actually "powder coating" them? I have stuff powder coated all the time, but it's steel. 400 deg.+ in a furnace. Are they using the same process or something different. I couldn't find anything on their site about this, just curious.
I never did get around to trying this yet, but I will eventually. I have way too much beeswax/parafin/candle/crayon/alox voodoo mix for my own good. Supposed to be great for not fouling the bore. IIRC, it is baked on.
I'm pretty sure its powder coat paint. I know some guys do it with the HF powder coat and cast bullets their self. Missouri bullet company has red and green ones. They call theirs coated bullets. I am not sure what it exactly is?
Yea its not like it flakes off or anything. The factory crimp die squeezes about 1 in 30 of them down pretty good you can see where it presses it down to size but not flakes or chips the coating. It definitely does not just rub off when handling them. I would guess its baked on somehow or heat cured.