In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Turkey In The White Pines

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by thewoodlands, Dec 20, 2015.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    These are some older pictures I took of the turkeys in the trees, how many can you see in picture 6609 that are up in 100_6609.JPG the trees?
     

    Attached Files:

    Gasifier, rottiman, basod and 6 others like this.
  2. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Im counting 8........
     
  3. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    I see 8 too.
     
    wildwest and thewoodlands like this.
  4. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,505
    Location:
    N. E. OH
  5. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I'm missing number 9, is it in the crotch of a tree?
     
    wildwest likes this.
  6. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Might be 9, looking at it again.
    And, a light bulb that's not in the tree.
     
  7. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,505
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    left side, 2 on the left of the small tree, 2 on the right of the small tree (not counting the one on the ground either), 4 on the right of the big v shaped tree, 1 one the far right. Might even be another in the upper far right corner. See below

    *
    * *
    *
    * *

    * * *
     
  8. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,178
    Likes Received:
    166,471
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    I see 9. Unless that's one on the ground at the base of the tree center. Then there's 10.
     
    Well Seasoned and wildwest like this.
  9. NH mountain man

    NH mountain man

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2015
    Messages:
    6,408
    Likes Received:
    37,833
    Location:
    WMNF N.H.
    Seen as something might be a Turkey, or not, I have to go with 8 confirmed. Oh yeah, and the light bulb.
     
    Well Seasoned likes this.
  10. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,515
    Likes Received:
    95,535
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    I have never seen wild turkeys. Only small grouse around here.
     
    WeldrDave and campinspecter like this.
  11. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,983
    Likes Received:
    312,173
    Location:
    Central MI
    I'd happily give every one of ours to you. I hate those stupid birds. Nothing good about them.
     
  12. mike bayerl

    mike bayerl

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2014
    Messages:
    3,924
    Likes Received:
    22,456
    Location:
    Central PA
    very cool!
     
  13. WeldrDave

    WeldrDave Military Outpost Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,182
    Likes Received:
    56,136
    Location:
    The Communist Socialist Republic of New Jersey
    WHOA!!! :eek: I know Dennis hates them, "and" they can be a nuisance, but what a beautiful bird, and tasty too… :drool:
     
    Horkn likes this.
  14. WeldrDave

    WeldrDave Military Outpost Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,182
    Likes Received:
    56,136
    Location:
    The Communist Socialist Republic of New Jersey
    Their tasty Dennis!!!
     
    Horkn likes this.
  15. WeldrDave

    WeldrDave Military Outpost Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,182
    Likes Received:
    56,136
    Location:
    The Communist Socialist Republic of New Jersey
    I see 10! God knows I've chased and called many of them!!!:hair::headbang:
     
    Horkn likes this.
  16. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,178
    Likes Received:
    166,471
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin

    I'm going to have to start hunting them. They are all over the place now. When I was a teenager, they were pretty rare.
     
    WeldrDave likes this.
  17. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,283
    Likes Received:
    66,652
    Location:
    IN
    This is the best kind of wild turkey.

    [​IMG]
     
    thewoodlands, Gasifier and WeldrDave like this.