In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Need Butt!

Discussion in 'The Smokehouse' started by fuelrod, Dec 18, 2015.

  1. fuelrod

    fuelrod

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2014
    Messages:
    3,508
    Likes Received:
    20,526
    Location:
    Western Maine
    I am missin me some Q.
    I'm doin' one this holiday, might just be tomorow. Usually it would be too cold by now so I'm going to take advantage of the weather and put some pulled pork up and make a little winter "reserve pork" in the freezer.
     
    Horkn and Triple A Arsenal like this.
  2. Paul bunion

    Paul bunion

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,396
    Likes Received:
    13,524
    Location:
    NJ
    Its never too cold to Q. The only enemy is the wind. I always put on 2 butts and get many meals worth frozen in the seal-a-meal.
     
    Horkn and fuelrod like this.
  3. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    I am dragging out the smoker next week to smoke our christmas ham (for after christmas, but it needs some time to age before it gets fully cooked).
     
    Horkn, Chvymn99 and fuelrod like this.
  4. lukem

    lukem

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    12,278
    Likes Received:
    66,633
    Location:
    IN
    I'm smoking our turkey for Christmas dinner Sunday.
     
    Horkn, Chvymn99 and fuelrod like this.
  5. Triple A Arsenal

    Triple A Arsenal

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2014
    Messages:
    710
    Likes Received:
    1,320
    Location:
    New Haven, CT
    A nice pulled pork or brisket , yum. Haven't had anything smoked since thanksgiving turkey image.jpeg
     
  6. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,173
    Likes Received:
    166,458
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    My old smoker had it's day, and was retired to the recycler.

    Once I get a new one, hopefully for Christmas, but it sure doesn't look like it, I'll have to make a pork butt and make pulled pork sammiches. Those are one of my favorites.