In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

No Longer Available Truck saw - gift for someone else

Discussion in 'Closed Ads' started by basod, Dec 8, 2015.

  1. basod

    basod

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2013
    Messages:
    5,048
    Likes Received:
    20,841
    Location:
    Mount Cheaha AL
    Visited the GF's daughter and her husband and the grandkids over Thanksgiving.
    They have an awesome spot with a firepit on Blackwater River in Florida.

    He scrounges wood off the roadside and in the WMA hunting areas but has no saw.

    If anyone is holding onto a running saw with modern features in the sub c-note range that I could gift to him please respond.
     
    wildwest and Stihl Livin like this.
  2. Jon1270

    Jon1270

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,886
    Likes Received:
    4,543
    Location:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Hmm, not running at the moment but I have a clean Poulan Pro 4218AVHD that was thrown in with a Stihl I bought recently. It looks to have been used very little, but the fuel filter fell off and the carb sucked in a bit of dirt. There's some extremely minor scuffing on the piston, no doubt from being tuned very lean at the factory, but it's fine; compression is over 160. I even have the case, and could make up a new chain for it. I was going to order a fuel and purge line kit on eBay, but maybe I could get one locally?
     
  3. Jon1270

    Jon1270

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,886
    Likes Received:
    4,543
    Location:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    ...yep, my local saw shop has those lines. I'm going for a little ride.
     
  4. SKEETER McCLUSKEY

    SKEETER McCLUSKEY

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2015
    Messages:
    12,546
    Likes Received:
    61,489
    Location:
    Taconic Range
    i gots a wood shark that may have never had fuel in it with the original box i think......have to check if interested
     
    Stihl Livin and wildwest like this.
  5. basod

    basod

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2013
    Messages:
    5,048
    Likes Received:
    20,841
    Location:
    Mount Cheaha AL
    Sounds like it would fit the bill
     
    wildwest likes this.
  6. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    I have a new in the box earthquake 3214.

    Its the last one. Ultra rare, one owner, in box from factory. These go for more money now a days and are highly sought after by saw nuts wanting to tinker with cheap but well constructed saws.
     
  7. basod

    basod

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2013
    Messages:
    5,048
    Likes Received:
    20,841
    Location:
    Mount Cheaha AL
    Thanks for the offer Clem, I'm getting the Poulan from Jon.
     
    Stihl Livin likes this.
  8. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    Its cool. I'm in no hurry to sell it. I actually forgot I had it.

    I need to cut my post out here and post it on CL. Some of y'all guys that search nationwide, like gary, might run across it and get a kick out of it.
     
    Stihl Livin likes this.