In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Auger won't turn? WTF?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by Gasifier, Jan 2, 2014.

  1. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Gosh dammit. Coldest night and the friggin Auger decides it's not going to put pellets up! What can you tell me guys?

    I took all the pellets out. I don't see where it's jammed or anything.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2014
  2. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    I don't know too much about them, but can you unplug it and turn it by hand? Something must be lodged in there.... good luck buddy, hope it works for ya soon, its damm cold out!
     
  3. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    Gas...make sure the hole is clear in the firebox where the vacuum switch goes to...

    didn't you have an issue the other week about this?
     
  4. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Tried that. Don't see anything stopping it. I don't know. Manual says possibly vacuum sensor. Check exhaust blower. I did just clean stove and chimney yesterday. I could not get to horizontal section of pipe. :mad:
     
  5. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Where is that hole?
     
  6. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    Well, you can try jumping that vacuum switch and see if the auger turns
     
  7. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    I think its to the far right of the burnpot....along the same height as that
     
  8. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    That issue was because the temp sensor got too filthy. That was your guys fault. Remember? I said "oh, you wanted me to clean the whole stove, well why didn't you say so?"
     
    eatonpcat likes this.
  9. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    lol...oh yeah! my bad!!!! lol
     
  10. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    I thought that was the temp sensor? LOFL
     
  11. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    As you're looking at the stove, if you take the right hand panel off the hose and switch should be right there
     
  12. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    OMG...lolol no no that's the vacuum switch.....temp sensor is on the combustion blower housing.....
     
  13. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    I didn't take any panel off. When I open the door, to the far right of the burn pot their is a sensor. I thought it was the temp. sensor. I had cleaned all around it before. So I did it again, and this time I went to the silverware drawer and found a little pick(no, not a little ..... ). I then managed to clean the inside of this sensor, which I am now thinking must be the vacuum sensor.? After I did that the little ...... started turning! Fire now going.

    Just got to wait a little while to make sure it gets hot enough and the main blower turns on. Little bastard gets dirty quick. Do you guys clean like every three or four days or so? To prevent chit like this?
     
  14. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Nice... glad ur up an running...
     
    Gasifier likes this.
  15. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Slvrblk, it's friggin cold and dark out here at the camp. I'm scared. Talk to me brother. I'll get a beer out of the fridge and you and will, or one of the other pellet heads, can read me a bed time story.
     
    IHATEPROPANE and slvrblkk like this.
  16. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Alright, well seasoned will do.
     
  17. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Currently sitting on top of stove trying to get the heat starting to come off of it. azz cold, steel is still cold, man it got cold in here. Down to 38, electric keeping it from freezing. azz cold.
     
  18. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    a s s cold
     
  19. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    I'm getting ready for snow removal...gotta get up at 2:30 and head in...I hate this chit....I don't even like getting paid to do it! lol
     
    Gasifier likes this.
  20. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    Crank that mofo!!!
     
    Gasifier likes this.