Headed to my uncle's cabin in NY in an hr or so for rifle season. Lookin forward to quality time with family and friends. Oh and spending many hrs in my stand enjoying the great outdoors! Anybody else going out be safe!
Ok, southwest of Oneonta on 88... Driven by there, but never stopped- Kill something when you're out and about in the woods!
like I get told all the time , Hope you catch something , for gods sake I'm going hunting not fishing
Well i had a great weekend as always. First thing sat morning i saw a tall Y buck but he got a free pass due to the 3 on one side rule. The rest of the weekend i saw a few doe's, my cousin saw a bear, and his buddy shot this beautiful 9pt.
Yea it's beautiful up there. His cabin is about a 15min drive from town. What town is your dads place in?
Yep, gotta have at least 3 on one side. Only certain zones have it. It does lead to bigger antlers and more mature deer over time. I wish they'd do it in my area here in nj
Glad you had a good time and are back home safe. Hunting season is over here except for muskets which is another two weeks. I've never seen musket hunters in our woods. Not so much chance of them shooting at noise. The volume of hunters out back this year was way down from previous years.