In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

The Wizard of Oz

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by thewoodlands, Nov 22, 2015.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    It's on TBS tonight at 8 EST for those who like a classic.
     
    Gasifier, unclefess, schlot and 4 others like this.
  2. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,652
    Likes Received:
    144,613
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Thanks! and :doh: I don't have that channel.
     
    Gasifier likes this.
  3. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    If trees got pizzed for picking their apples, I cant imagine what they'd to to us hoarders. Great classic!
     
    Gasifier, unclefess, Todd 2 and 3 others like this.
  4. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Watching it now. Dawn singing Somewhere over the rainbow a minute ago........ :)
     
    wildwest and thewoodlands like this.
  5. Knothead

    Knothead

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2015
    Messages:
    2,125
    Likes Received:
    17,415
    Location:
    East Texas
    Watch out for the Wicked Witch of the West......she's a real pain!

    [​IMG]
     
  6. Gary_602z

    Gary_602z

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,464
    Likes Received:
    12,340
    Location:
    Lake Odessa, Michigan
    Watching it. Couldn't find my copy of Dark Side of the Moon quick enough though!:rofl: :lol:

    Gary
     
  7. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Wow, I forgot all about that!
     
    Gary_602z likes this.
  8. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,717
    Likes Received:
    224,372
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Wizard of Oz? Pink Floyd?

    Shees! Who would have time to "discover" this? Someone from the state of Washington??? Colorado??
     
    Gary_602z and Well Seasoned like this.
  9. bassJAM

    bassJAM

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2014
    Messages:
    1,999
    Likes Received:
    6,021
    Location:
    Cincinnati, OH
    I've never seen it. My spanish teacher made us watch it, in spanish of course, back when I was in high school. But I'm pretty sure I tuned it out and stared out the window for the entire movie.
     
    Well Seasoned likes this.
  10. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    Then there's the part where there seems to be someone getting hanged in the background.....
     
    Well Seasoned likes this.
  11. clemdawg

    clemdawg

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2015
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    US
    Myth. It does seem like it though as I tried this years ago.
     
    Eric VW likes this.
  12. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    What's a myth? The PF sync, or the hanging?
     
  13. Gary_602z

    Gary_602z

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,464
    Likes Received:
    12,340
    Location:
    Lake Odessa, Michigan
    I think he meant Dorothy and Toto!:rofl: :lol:

    Gary
     
  14. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    What kind of axe was that Tin Man had?
     
  15. Gary_602z

    Gary_602z

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,464
    Likes Received:
    12,340
    Location:
    Lake Odessa, Michigan
    Must have been rusty from being rained on and not being used!:)

    Gary
     
    Gasifier likes this.