In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Merry X-mas to me!

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by slvrblkk, Dec 19, 2013.

  1. will711

    will711

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    10,270
    Likes Received:
    50,828
    Location:
    Pocono Mts.
    Saw a bunch of PTL's at my local Lowe's yesterday ,but no room on the truck , planned on grabbing some this morning , but it's raining:(. See what tomorrow brings.
     
  2. imacman

    imacman

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2013
    Messages:
    6,633
    Likes Received:
    27,529
    Location:
    Denver, NC
    IMO, no reason to buy anything but the Sets, unless you're getting them to use as shoulder pellets in the spring.
     
  3. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    I just wanted to grab some to "test".....
     
    will711 likes this.
  4. imacman

    imacman

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2013
    Messages:
    6,633
    Likes Received:
    27,529
    Location:
    Denver, NC
    Gotcha. But what I mentioned might be a good idea too. The AWF would be a real good shoulder pellet in the spring....maybe will help save some Sets for next winter. :)
     
    slvrblkk likes this.
  5. will711

    will711

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    10,270
    Likes Received:
    50,828
    Location:
    Pocono Mts.
    Always good to test because we never know what the big box is going to carry from month to month around here:)
     
  6. slvrblkk

    slvrblkk

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2013
    Messages:
    6,647
    Likes Received:
    29,535
    Location:
    Northampton, PA
    I actually could use something for shoulders.....hmmm, now you got me thinking!
     
  7. IHATEPROPANE

    IHATEPROPANE

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2013
    Messages:
    4,678
    Likes Received:
    19,111
    AWF could be used year round no problem....excellent heat.
     
    slvrblkk likes this.
  8. imacman

    imacman

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2013
    Messages:
    6,633
    Likes Received:
    27,529
    Location:
    Denver, NC
    True. Even Jay T. feels they're better than the Chow he likes so much.

    I still have about 40 bags of the "Premium" (aka AWF) in reserve, but the way this winter has started, I may grab another 20-25 to be safe.
     
    IHATEPROPANE likes this.
  9. IHATEPROPANE

    IHATEPROPANE

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2013
    Messages:
    4,678
    Likes Received:
    19,111
    Worst case is you burn them next year :)
     
  10. imacman

    imacman

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2013
    Messages:
    6,633
    Likes Received:
    27,529
    Location:
    Denver, NC
    Or the new homeowner, if I can find one. :confused: