In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Out of work, hmmm now what

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by swags, Dec 28, 2013.

  1. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    For the first time in a long time I'm completely done cutting splitting and stacking. Got nothing left in my yard to work on. Guess I'm gonna have to go find some down trees. Or maybe drop this sugar maple in my yard.
     
    clemsonfor, Gark, MasterMech and 2 others like this.
  2. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Check craigslist? Maybe there is a cheap score somewhere you can work on bringing home.
     
    mdavlee likes this.
  3. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    I'll start asking around, should be able to find something soon.
     
  4. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Come up to my place there is trees everywhere you can have! :rofl: :lol:
     
    clemsonfor, schlot and 343amc like this.
  5. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    I'm kind of concerned, what happens to a wood cutter going through saw withdrawals??
     
    Oliver1655 and Pallet Pete like this.
  6. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Sean 2 days from now.. DU DU DUNNNNN. image.jpg
     
    charlie, swags, Gark and 1 other person like this.
  7. schlot

    schlot

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    5,256
    Likes Received:
    30,504
    Location:
    NW Iowa
    No way would that be him!

    I'm sure he would have that chain tensioned properly!
     
    Oliver1655, clemsonfor, swags and 4 others like this.
  8. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    And let's not forget the most fun you'll ever have! Because you'd be dead after word.
    image.jpg
     
  9. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    hope that's shave gel for sensitive skin your using there!
     
  10. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Come on up, I have a trail or two that needs cleaning.
     
    SmokeyTheBear and Pallet Pete like this.
  11. MasterMech

    MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    9,648
    Likes Received:
    26,044
    Location:
    Greenville County SC
    Must be because you save so much time cutting now.... ;)
     
    clemsonfor, swags and Pallet Pete like this.
  12. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Ya that 460 really cuts down on time so I can get more done
     
    MasterMech likes this.
  13. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    Now think of what you can get done with a 660!!

    I just go find more wood. I live on an acre here so I have to bring it back. Hate it but u do what u have to. Crazy thing is I have something kike 100 wooded acres its just 3 hours from my home.
     
  14. SmokeyTheBear

    SmokeyTheBear

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2013
    Messages:
    8,324
    Likes Received:
    39,419
    Location:
    Standish, ME
    You could look into other OCD activities, there are plenty of examples of such among the folks who frequent here :whistle:.

    Maybe continuous re-stacking of your wood piles would keep you occupied, then there is running in place, or one of my hobbies being cheap.

    Maybe fermenting various things like cabbage, cucumbers, various berries, fruit juices, grains, and honey.

    All perfectly good time "wasters".
     
    Paul bunion and swags like this.
  15. Paul bunion

    Paul bunion

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,396
    Likes Received:
    13,524
    Location:
    NJ
    Know how you feel, I ran my saws dry and put them away yesterday. 12 cords stacked this year. Time to sit back and watch it dry. I won't be processing wood in my yard till the end of next winter. Guess I'll just need to go up to my camp and cut wood there.
     
    clemsonfor likes this.
  16. clemsonfor

    clemsonfor

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,996
    Likes Received:
    37,478
    Location:
    Greenwood county SC
    Cut a little thru the year so you always are doing it!
     
    Oliver1655 likes this.
  17. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Got a line on a big locust and a few average cherry trees. Talked to my uncle today and a wants them taken out of his yard. Big yard so shouldn't be many issues with obstacles.
     
    Chvymn99 and clemsonfor like this.
  18. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,983
    Likes Received:
    312,192
    Location:
    Central MI
    Oh to be all caught up......
     
  19. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    But I dont have 10 years worth CSS so I gota keep rolling
     
    Chvymn99, clemsonfor and Pallet Pete like this.
  20. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    I am in the same boat now. I spent the last two days scrambling to get the final three cord split and stacked. Finished up yesterday and now I don't feel right not having a big pike of rounds laying there to split. It's so doggone wet and soggy out there though that its going to be awhile before I can get the tractor out in the woods to bring some more out.
     
    swags likes this.